Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insurance on SC's

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    We would be lucky tonget close to that no matter how much HP the cars make. I dont want a higher expense. I used to run regular insurance just comprehensive because in the event of an accident I did not want them to keep the car.

And Ira tisk tisk you will just have to wonder.
    You know what, I would love to see you hit whatever number makes you happy. Mid 4's if I remember correctly, wasn't it? Bet you must want more than that now with the bigger blower I suspect. Hey, wait, was that a challenge? You have spent so much time and money with such aggravation trying to get that beautiful car running the way you want it would be nice to see you meet your goals after all these years.

So you bring it to the Shoot Out and let's see how badly your brand new big blower makes my very old tiny little blower look!

+1 on regular insurance w/comp (which was pennies to add), and on keeping the car if totaled (vs. buying it back). I can park it or drive it and not have to do math, make phone calls etc. Just under $400 per yr.

Quote Originally Posted by Ira R. View Post
    You know what, I would love to see you hit whatever number makes you happy. Mid 4's if I remember correctly, wasn't it? Bet you must want more than that now with the bigger blower I suspect. Hey, wait, was that a challenge? You have spent so much time and money with such aggravation trying to get that beautiful car running the way you want it would be nice to see you meet your goals after all these years.

So you bring it to the Shoot Out and let's see how badly your brand new big blower makes my very old tiny little blower look!
    The blower is fine, the power is fine, the car is fine. The spirit of owning it well thats the part that needs help. Its been a long time, the car has been out of my life for too long. But ill be a good sport and put on the team spirit face.
    1994 Supercoupe 5spd Custom, first to buy a 2.1L Big Bore Kenne Bell Twin Screw for an SC
    Old numbers on 1.7l AR SC: 415WHP off the bottle-12.2535 @112.18 off the bottle. Best TQ to date 516ft/lbs, New numbers 480whp on dream crusher.
    1990 35th 5spd 2011 Carlisle 1st place class winner. 12.9@108MPH 1.9
    2013 GT/CS 5.0L FRPP 2.3l Whipplecharged family weekend car
    2005 SAAB 9-3 Aero 2.0L TURBO Work Mule

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    The blower is fine, the power is fine, the car is fine. The spirit of owning it well thats the part that needs help. Its been a long time, the car has been out of my life for too long. But ill be a good sport and put on the team spirit face.

I am glad you are back my friend! Now bring it to the shootout one more twin screw car to play with on the track would be great!
    93 SC Red Auto 111k
    2013 Shootout Bracket ET First Place
    2015 Shootout Car Show Honerable Mention
    2016 Shootout Mod-1 First Place
    4.2, 2.3 Whipple, 3.73s AOD
    307rwhp 12.70@107.2 (MPX)
    395rwhp Whipple.... et ?????