Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Dinner?

Thumbs up Christmas Dinner?

Is anyone into a christmas dinner this year??

I'm up for that Greg. Where would we have it??

Greg,

You read my mind buddy. I was just about to post this in order to make plans early enough to make sure everyone can attend.

For those who are new to the club, last year we had an SCCoO "Holiday" dinner at Jack Asters just after Christmas, which turned out to be a huge success. We will do something similar this year, but it will switch to the West end seeing as how last year's was in Scarborough.

Anyone have any suggestions?

The criteria we require is seating for over 20 people likely, somewhere affordable with a big menu selection to please all appetites, and somewhere willing to take reservations and supply seperate billing for each couple/person.

We can try to get concrete plans out by the first week of December.

Smile HO>HO>HO

HO< HO< HO
    I am sending my membership monies in tomorrow. I would love to attend an event with the SCCoA memebers here. I am east of Oshawa, but travel is no problem. Count me in, Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coolhand,

I think it's great that you're signing up for a membership with the SCCoA and paying the dues. I just want you to know that the SCCoO doesn't charge any dues for membership in the club. The Holiday Dinner is an SCCoO event, not an SCCoA event. If your motivation for paying dues is to attend the dinner, it's not necessary.

Cheers,

Sean

count me in, only meant ryan and sean in the club would be nice to meet the rest of you guys

christmas

That wasnt my motivation, just my intention. I wanted to spend a week or so utilizing the forums to see if they would be of value, and I have found them to be so.
    Is the dinner spouses as well????????????

Yeah this will be a great I dea. I could help and scoop out a few places around my area. I would think that we need to have access to a kids menu also for those who need to bring along the hole family to attend meats(Mr.Matteson). I think that we might be to late to book a X-mas dinner, but as last years dinner was a "holiday" dinner that might work again this year.

Lie I said I'll check out a few local places and get back to this.

I can't speak for all the club members, but I'm pretty sure that Alecia and I will not be bringing Noah and Chelsea along for the Holiday Dinner. I have a hard enough time remembering that Alecia is there, never mind having to keep an eye on my two rugrats as well!

I'm very much looking forward to this year's dinner. Bill and the gang did an excellent job of arranging last year's event!

Cheers,

Sean

The event will be for wives and girlfriends.

I don't think anyone will be bringing kids, but LMK if you want to.

Matteson is too much of a social butterfly to want his kids around!

Matteson's kids are great though, I luv 'em.

If I may suggest there are a couple of reasonably priced places out here like the Texas long horn, Canyon creek, but the one I was thinking about was the Outback wich is near the QEW and Winston churchill bullavard, not to far from mississauga rd. Now if your a steak lover you'll love the Texas long horn and the Outback is a close second and has a wide veriety menue wise and all these places have a nice atmosphere to sit and eat and I could check on reservations and seperate billing, all I need is a date? and roughly how many people?

Holiday Chow Down

Sounds like a blast count me in for 2

Just name the time and place and , if my schedule allows, my wife Bev and I will be there.(shift worker)

Work sked permitting, I'm interested. My wife enjoyed last year's and will attend again this year.

Sounds like a great idea, count me in. Hopefully I can work it in with all the rest of the Holiday dinners! Ahhh, Xmas, the fattest time of the year!