car is dead

wingzeroac195

SCCoA Member
guys, 1993 sc manual, is low at front. on a very, very raining day, i drove her for about 20miles to work. then suddenly stalled and doesnt want to start. cranks but thats it. has a new dis, fuel pump, wires, plugs, distributor. i dont know why it does start, i kind of think it may be the crankshaft sensor, since i was planning on putting a new one. i believe so much rain caused the issue. any ideas? thanks

If the uparrow stays lit while cranking, then yes the crank sensor signal is lost. The cause of that could be wiring or a bad sensor, or even a balancer issue.

ok guys, yes it was the crankshaft pulley sensor, it was destroyed, i do not know how, I replace the sensor, plus I replace the whole crank pulley and harmony balancer, still have some vibration from it but the car is fix, thanks everyone

thank you, im gomna replace the harmonic and the crankshaft since the harmony pulley wooble alittle.

ok guys, yes it was the crankshaft pulley sensor, it was destroyed, i do not know how, I replace the sensor, plus I replace the whole crank pulley and harmony balancer, still have some vibration from it but the car is fix, thanks everyone

Ummm...

It seems fairly obvious to me.

When the harmonnic balancer failed, and started wobbling, it whacked the crank sensor. How would YOU feel if a chunk of metal hit you at, what, 10 to 100 times a second?

RwP

Back