Rear shock tower braces.

CougarXR/7

Ok.........will be building a few more Rear Shock Tower Braces..as usual they include grade 8 bolts and painted Red. could paint them to suit your needs............Total cost shipping and all is $120.oo For some reason site won't let me upload pics.

e-mail me at fastronald@ameritech.net for pics.

Rstb

Ok................my new shipping boxes arrived..............have four ready, two have been sold............will build more starting this weekend. I am trying to get them powder coated.....still working a deal with a second party.

Rstb

I was asked if any cutting or welding is needed to install these. No.You could weld them in if you desired. I have upgraded from the older braces from 5/16" grade 8 to 3/8" grade 8 just to provide more gripping power. I have not had a brace fail.

Here is your photo. Want more posted just let me know.
Creighton

Attachments

• brace_1.jpg
    brace_1.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 317
rstb

Hi.....un-painted is no problem.....let me know when you are ready...have one built in-painted here now.

R.s.t.b.

Ok........I now have five Rear shock tower braces ready to go.............working on my front strut brace idea as well, need a stock SC to test fit this new design idea. I have found a local powder coater, I'm expecting an estimate for cost soon. It will cost more, but for those wanting them powder coated....I'm trying.

Ok..........estimate costs for powder coating runs between $25.oo to $35.oo depending on the conditions

Last edited:
R.s.t.b.

Ok......the first brace is at the powder coaters..............want to see the result when they are finished.

Powder coat

Well..they turned the brace around in just four days. The finish is amazing, I'll be back there.

R.s.t.b.

Ok......for the first time since I began building these years ago....I have a buyer stating the brace was short. I was feeling confused and bummed out.......so looking at the braces.....I see an opportunity not a problem. I have wanted to add a gusset the them, but it restricts access to the mounting bolts. I have a plan......and will begin it Monday by adding a larger pipe over the 3/4" I.D. I currently use and will double the strength at each end where I believe the majority of stress would be applied. Anyone interested...........send me the distance from the VERTICAL tower surface about an inch below the top edge. fo your car. I will also build these to a closer tolerance per car. Thanks!

R.s.t.b.

Painted brace are $120.oo shipped - Powder coater braces are $155.oo shipped............can be painted a different color and powder coated in different colors as well. IF....you want them un-painted they are $110.oo shipped.

Back