WTB hood opening grilles for Cervinis Hood (89-93)

A1cntrler

I'm in search of a set of the grilles for the hood openings for a Cervinis hood. Anyone have a lead on a set?? Pictured here is what I'm looking for:

hood vents.jpg

try this

I went to ace hardware and found some mesh that I cut to fit. It is not the same but it does do the job... just some other way to go if you need it.....Rich

Thanks for the suggestion. I've considered doing this, but prefer to use the actual parts when they're available. It not critical at the moment. I've got time and some will come up eventually. I didn't know there were actual parts made to fit from Cervinis (since they claim that nothing has ever been available for those openings) until I posted something on Facebook and someone posted up a picture (the one here) of the actual parts made for it.

Indeed I will. Only drawback I see from before I get them is that they're pretty much solid. Not sure if drilling them would look that great. Not sure how much those openings really help to cool the bay anyways. I guess every little bit helps..

Yeah they're the original grilles. Cervinis claims they never made any for it, but I've since learned that there were some for it and have been searching. If you come across some let me know!

The 35th is able to move under it's own power. Engine work is about done (Still have a couple of codes I'm trying to get tracked down) and I'll be ready to move on to the suspension soon. Going to replace all the bushings and joints that I can. Maybe next summer when I get back east again. I think my brother has other plans for my visit though. Wants a deck and some other work around his place done.

Thanks again for the hood! It's sitting on the car now but I still need to get it adjusted, but I might just let the body shop do it when the painting time comes. I've got a few years before I get to that point though, so hopefully by then I can find a set of the grilles for it.

When you get them,post the results and or how much "adjustment" they need.

Thanks.

Sorry it took so long to post the results. They're not really the same shape and will require modifications to fit properly, and even then may not look the best. The area inside the circle (green wire there lol) would need to be removed. I'll likely just keep an eye out on message boards. Not in a super hurry to get a set.

2017100795131324.jpg

2017100795131315.jpg

image000000.jpg

Back