Thread: Wheels for my "new to me" SC

Wheels for my "new to me" SC

As some of you may know, I acquired a 1991 red SC, nine days ago. It is completely stock. I have been thinking about putting on some different wheels. I have been looking at the Saleen SpeedStar Wheels 18 x 9" wheel - 5 x 4.25" bolt pattern, in chrome. What do you all think of this wheel for my vehicle? Will it go well, or, should I look at other wheels? Additionally, will I have any fitment issues, or, should I be good? See the pics below of the SC and of the wheel I am looking at.

Thank you, Pierre.

Name:  truck and bird_1.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  416.0 KBName:  Saleen SpeedStar.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  41.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 91BlackSC View Post
    As some of you may know, I acquired a 1991 red SC, nine days ago. It is completely stock. I have been thinking about putting on some different wheels. I have been looking at the Saleen SpeedStar Wheels 18 x 9" wheel - 5 x 4.25" bolt pattern, in chrome. What do you all think of this wheel for my vehicle? Will it go well, or, should I look at other wheels? Additionally, will I have any fitment issues, or, should I be good? See the pics below of the SC and of the wheel I am looking at.

Thank you, Pierre.

Name:  truck and bird_1.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  416.0 KBName:  Saleen SpeedStar.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  41.6 KB

I think the Saleen wheels look great on an SC. The only issue seems to be they are very very hard to come by. Finding them in stock has proven to by very difficult for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sanddune24 View Post
    I think the Saleen wheels look great on an SC. The only issue seems to be they are very very hard to come by. Finding them in stock has proven to by very difficult for me.
    Yeah, that is exactly what I'm hearing and seeing. Demand is high on these wheels!

good looking car. good luck finding the rims, which look great on any sc.
    89 SC. Every option except factory alarm and climate control.Dynomax super turbo's,magnaflow resonator,SCP cats and tubes,ZR intake, 5% pulley.70mm maf,k&n cone filter, 145 mph speedo, white face gages, and a 90 cougar xr-7 bone stock.

Quote Originally Posted by cary Jackson View Post
    good looking car. good luck finding the rims, which look great on any sc.
    Thanks! I must agree with you...to me, they look great on any SC.

Quote Originally Posted by 91BlackSC View Post

Thank you, Pierre.
    I have those exact wheels on my whitebird (see garage photos). They look great. Ride is a bit harsh but corners like she's on rails. I used 1/8" spacers which helped fitment. Super coupe performance.Com is taking orders right now
    Last edited by JonS; 09-25-2017 at 10:03 PM.
    My Garage

95 5spd Pearl White SC, "Millennium TBird" (erst Dr. Jekyll)
    95 Automatic Red SC

Quote Originally Posted by JonS View Post
    I have those exact wheels on my whitebird (see garage photos). They look great. Ride is a bit harsh but corners like she's on rails. I used 1/8" spacers which helped fitment. Super coupe performance.Com is taking orders right now
    Just looked at your garage photos. Vehicle looks very nice, the wheels complement the car nicely. I just saw recently they are taking orders. Thanks!