Wheels for my "new to me" SC

91BlackSC

As some of you may know, I acquired a 1991 red SC, nine days ago. It is completely stock. I have been thinking about putting on some different wheels. I have been looking at the Saleen SpeedStar Wheels 18 x 9" wheel - 5 x 4.25" bolt pattern, in chrome. What do you all think of this wheel for my vehicle? Will it go well, or, should I look at other wheels? Additionally, will I have any fitment issues, or, should I be good? See the pics below of the SC and of the wheel I am looking at.

Thank you, Pierre.

truck and bird_1.jpgSaleen SpeedStar.jpg

As some of you may know, I acquired a 1991 red SC, nine days ago. It is completely stock. I have been thinking about putting on some different wheels. I have been looking at the Saleen SpeedStar Wheels 18 x 9" wheel - 5 x 4.25" bolt pattern, in chrome. What do you all think of this wheel for my vehicle? Will it go well, or, should I look at other wheels? Additionally, will I have any fitment issues, or, should I be good? See the pics below of the SC and of the wheel I am looking at.

Thank you, Pierre.

View attachment 67729View attachment 67730

I think the Saleen wheels look great on an SC. The only issue seems to be they are very very hard to come by. Finding them in stock has proven to by very difficult for me.

I think the Saleen wheels look great on an SC. The only issue seems to be they are very very hard to come by. Finding them in stock has proven to by very difficult for me.

Yeah, that is exactly what I'm hearing and seeing. Demand is high on these wheels!

Thank you, Pierre.

I have those exact wheels on my whitebird (see garage photos). They look great. Ride is a bit harsh but corners like she's on rails. I used 1/8" spacers which helped fitment. Super coupe performance.Com is taking orders right now

Last edited:
I have those exact wheels on my whitebird (see garage photos). They look great. Ride is a bit harsh but corners like she's on rails. I used 1/8" spacers which helped fitment. Super coupe performance.Com is taking orders right now

Just looked at your garage photos. Vehicle looks very nice, the wheels complement the car nicely. I just saw recently they are taking orders. Thanks!

Back