1989 SC for sale from Original Owner

Has SC been sold yet?

Good afternoon...Is the SC still available?...is the price still negotiable?...interested to know what parts list is...what has been invested...thank you.

Seriously thinking about selling my 89 SC. I show a 55 Bel Air 2 door HT now and this SC has been sitting for the last 2 years. I took it out this weekend to clean, detail, and replace the battery and realized that someone should really use this as "Death by Storage" is a fate that is too difficult to contemplate! Right now everything works, including converted AC, sunroof, power seats, etc.

SSCOA Garage is - http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage.php?do=user_garage_view&id=27965 .

Car has 66K miles and I have all the parts to return this car to factory original! All documentation goes with the car including owners manual, original window sticker, sales brochures, factory service manuals, emissions manual, and wiring diagrams. The car is fully optioned and was the showroom car at the dealer when I bought it in 1989 (1 owner and 1 driver).

Car is rust free and was always garaged. This was my daily drive until 2003 and stored since. It has been a trophy winning show car since 2009 and is located in Connecticut and is ready to drive anywhere, but you will need a small truck for the parts.

Contact me if you are interested.

Good afternoon...Is the SC still available?...is the price still negotiable?...interested to know what parts list is...what has been invested...thank you.

Yes it is still available. Go to my garage link below to see the list of upgrades. Upgrade investment is $15,000, in parts alone.

My Garage

Let me know your offer.

Holy cow - I did a dollar comparison from 1989 to today based on the sticker. This would basically be a $48,000 car today. Gives a little perspective as to how "with it" they were at the time (and for many still are).

Getting more motivated to sell

Well we just bought our next house in Florida and can only move 3 cars into the garage. This SC is the one that won't go, so time to make an offer.

As an aside, if someone is interested in the original parts removed from this original vehicle during the modifications, let me know. We may be able to make a deal, as the next buyer may not want them. Which parts? Go the the My Garage (seen in a previous post) and look over the list of mods. I still have all the original parts removed and unmolested.

Still available?

Well we just bought our next house in Florida and can only move 3 cars into the garage. This SC is the one that won't go, so time to make an offer.

As an aside, if someone is interested in the original parts removed from this original vehicle during the modifications, let me know. We may be able to make a deal, as the next buyer may not want them. Which parts? Go the the My Garage (seen in a previous post) and look over the list of mods. I still have all the original parts removed and unmolested.

Very nice car, sir. Assuming it's still for sale, what part of Connecticut are you in? I have a brother in New Haven... Trouble is, I'd like all the original parts, too and Vegas is 2600 miles away. It'd cost me $1300 in fuel to drag a trailer up to you and bring it home. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Vance

Yes the car & parts are still available

Very nice car, sir. Assuming it's still for sale, what part of Connecticut are you in? I have a brother in New Haven... Trouble is, I'd like all the original parts, too and Vegas is 2600 miles away. It'd cost me $1300 in fuel to drag a trailer up to you and bring it home. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Vance

I'm in Bridgeport, about 15 miles from New Haven. The original parts are still in my possession, but who know for how long. I intend to ship my cars to Florida in enclosed trailers (i.e. Intercity, Passport, Reliable, etc.). You should look into this as opposed to trailering the car yourself. The open car haulers are even less expensive, but don't offer the same protection for the vehicle. These car transporters are a very reliable and competitive method to move cars across country. For instance, the cost of moving a car to south Florida from Connecticut is $1300.00 in the enclosed tractor trailer.

Last edited:
Update on Sale of 89 SC

This car has some fans in the club interested in buying her, judging by the interest. Nice to know my fellow club members appreciate the car and tasteful upgrades.

Contact me with an offer from my starting $12 K! Too low an offer won't work, as I am not desperate. Hell, I owned this car since new and keeping it is not the worse thing for me. It just complicates our move somewhat.

Bump the thread

Just a friendly Bump on the thread.

I had several people send private messages and looking to buy this car, although no money has yet been exchanged. The most promising offer expires at the end of June 2018. Then it is back on the "market".

Contact me if you are interested and I will add your name on the list to contact after June 30th.

Thanks.

Car back on the market

After positive conversations with three more buyers, no deal has been made. This car is back on the market with a starting price of $12K. Happy to discuss reasonable offers. Yes the car is every bit a nice as shown in the pictures!

Contact me anytime if you are interested.

Air Intake Setup

Can you tell me what your air intake setup is. Where did you get the tubing, filter, air filter guard etc.

Thanks,

Jamie

Back