Thread: Factory alarm

Hybrid View

Question Factory alarm

ive searched and searched no definitive statement on how to correctly remove factory alarm all together, closest was take it to dealer or stereo shop has any one successfully dis abled or removed this feature ? and how ? i believe RICARDOA refers to it as alarm ripping ,,,lol thanks todd

Very few SCs Cosme with a factory alarm, there is a bulb on the cluster but I donít think itís commonnas a factory option. What you typically see installed is the aftermarket or dealer installed ford one, which was probably made by Viper or the like. You need to find the box under the dash, and chase wires backwards the important one is the ignition switch cut, there will be a large red and green wire that the alarm has tied into, the wire was cut and it needs to be connected after removing the alarm. All of the other wires should just have been tapped to the factory stuff and just remove and tape the exposed factory wire.

All installations are different but most are sloppy because of time restraints.

I hope my problems go away itís the only logical problem but donít want to chance getting stranded the internal relay is likely going to fail or not provide enough juice from age to the starter. Plus things are restored to factory specs which is a plus.
    1994 Supercoupe 5spd Custom, first to buy a 2.1L Big Bore Kenne Bell Twin Screw for an SC
    Old numbers on 1.7l AR SC: 415WHP off the bottle-12.2535 @112.18 off the bottle. Best TQ to date 516ft/lbs, New numbers 480whp on dream crusher.
    1990 35th 5spd 2011 Carlisle 1st place class winner. 12.9@108MPH 1.9
    2013 GT/CS 5.0L FRPP 2.3l Whipplecharged family weekend car
    2005 SAAB 9-3 Aero 2.0L TURBO Work Mule

I don't know much about this. But I think if you searched a little through the internet will get some ideas. Also you can see some YouTube video tutorials too.

Quote Originally Posted by anlo View Post
    ive searched and searched no definitive statement on how to correctly remove factory alarm all together, closest was take it to dealer or stereo shop has any one successfully dis abled or removed this feature ? and how ? i believe RICARDOA refers to it as alarm ripping ,,,lol thanks todd
    Perhaps read through the EVTM?

RwP

The module in the trunk.. unplug it.

However, there is 1 conection that has to be jumpered.. 1 wire.. I'll see if I can locate it later.

thanks

assuming factory due to siren under hood says ford instead of viper or somthing else little button on kick panel fell apart and have to do this thing with a paper clip or momentarily touch wires to activate or de activate its my sons 94 didnt want to start cutting on stuff and creating a bigger issue. plus i want to install a remote start on it for him like i did with my 95 and 94 if ya come across that jumper wire deal let me know thanks again

No, the factory alarm used the horn; if it HAS a siren under the hood, it's the after market put on by the Ford dealers.

For a Gen1 factory, according to the EVTM, the only main problem with pulling the module in the trunk is that the starter goes through it; for my 1991, I'd have to bypass the white/pink wires to the red/light_blue wires (specifically, 11&12 to 13&24).

It's covered in section 112 of the EVTM.

*goes and checks for 1994*

For 1994, from page 20-2, you can bypass the starter interrupt relay (same colors, but at the PDC up front); or ground the control wire (Light_Green/Pink, section 112 of the EVTM).

If you do NOT have the control module in the trunk (driver's side, under the plastic cover), then it's not the factory unit.

RwP

Quote Originally Posted by RalphP View Post
    For a Gen1 factory, according to the EVTM, the only main problem with pulling the module in the trunk is that the starter goes through it; for my 1991, I'd have to bypass the white/pink wires to the red/light_blue wires (specifically, 11&12 to 13&24).
    Thats the jumper wire I was referring to. I did this years ago to bypass the alarm. It was so long back that I have little recall as to the details.

Quote Originally Posted by anlo View Post
    assuming factory due to siren under hood says ford instead of viper or somthing else little button on kick panel fell apart and have to do this thing with a paper clip or momentarily touch wires to activate or de activate its my sons 94 didnt want to start cutting on stuff and creating a bigger issue. plus i want to install a remote start on it for him like i did with my 95 and 94 if ya come across that jumper wire deal let me know thanks again
    Pulle the knee cover and metal if early, you will see the ignition switch and the Red and Green wire that was cut and rewired put those back together for a quick fix
    1994 Supercoupe 5spd Custom, first to buy a 2.1L Big Bore Kenne Bell Twin Screw for an SC
    Old numbers on 1.7l AR SC: 415WHP off the bottle-12.2535 @112.18 off the bottle. Best TQ to date 516ft/lbs, New numbers 480whp on dream crusher.
    1990 35th 5spd 2011 Carlisle 1st place class winner. 12.9@108MPH 1.9
    2013 GT/CS 5.0L FRPP 2.3l Whipplecharged family weekend car
    2005 SAAB 9-3 Aero 2.0L TURBO Work Mule