Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2018 Epic Drive

Quote Originally Posted by neverfastenough View Post
    Tempted to do this on the Aprilia.

On a side note, what if the shootout was promoted as heavily as this epic drive...
    Not promoted that much more than Shootout. I started this with word of mouth 2-3 years ago in discussions basically at the Shootout. I announced the event at the Shootout using the MC platform. The response was very good so I posted here, TBU, and TCCoA. Then spent the last couple of weeks building logo's and a website with help from others. About the only thing different is Twitter, FB, and Instagram accounts to facilitate reaching the masses, which I supposed would help the Shootout too. It would also help if everyone would attend, both events. This has originally been planned to only be a Spring Event. However, if the event has success I may include others. Mainly to reach other members that find it too far to attend.

Can an admin make this thread a sticky???
    Last edited by Wzenheimer; 10-19-2017 at 09:17 AM. Reason: sticky request

Quote Originally Posted by Wzenheimer View Post
    ..... This has originally been planned to only be a Spring Event. However, if the event has success I may include others. Mainly to reach other members that find it too far to attend.
    Sounds like an awesome idea.

My car has been gravitating towards more of a street/strip car than I had originally intended - I blame my Shootout attendance and less general cruising. I have always semi-daily driven my car, but it's not the same...especially when all you're around is the typical group of daily-driver cars. I think this will help me personally reign it back in a little. I'll be running 93 pump gas for the cruise...that's for sure. That lets me put off the fuel system upgrades until next summer too.

It's kind of ironic, but the winter preparation that we would usually planning (whether designing or actual wrenching) should be more heavily maintenance and drivability related...which honestly, some of us neglect when we're trying to round up more ponies.

So....I guess I'm going to make a checklist of SC to-do's to prep for the Epic Drive now.

Thanks again for heading this up, Chris!
    Matt Haub
    Shootouts: '09 SS 1st | '10 Mod1 2nd | '11 Bracket 3rd | '12 Bracket 1st | 2013 | '14 Bracket 3rd | 2015 | '16 Bracket 1st & Mod2 2nd | 2017 |
    Black '89 5spd - 281K miles, MPx, E85, Alky-Inj RWHP: ? RWTQ: ? Best 1/4mi:12.521, MPH:107.23mph
    35th Anniversary Auto 46k miles | Red '93 Auto 186k miles
    My Garage

What??? "I've been doing it wrong putting miles on a 1/4 at a time lol... Seriously I think this will be a blast. I enjoyed the 1.25days of power tour we did this year. Even though it was cut short by transmission failure. It gave me motivation to fix alot of little stuff. I will prepare for this trip by daily driving my crap for a couple weeks (700 miles a week commute) that will find its flaws

Quote Originally Posted by DrFishbone View Post
    Sounds like an awesome idea.

My car has been gravitating towards more of a street/strip car than I had originally intended - I blame my Shootout attendance and less general cruising. I have always semi-daily driven my car, but it's not the same...especially when all you're around is the typical group of daily-driver cars. I think this will help me personally reign it back in a little. I'll be running 93 pump gas for the cruise...that's for sure. That lets me put off the fuel system upgrades until next summer too.

It's kind of ironic, but the winter preparation that we would usually planning (whether designing or actual wrenching) should be more heavily maintenance and drivability related...which honestly, some of us neglect when we're trying to round up more ponies.

So....I guess I'm going to make a checklist of SC to-do's to prep for the Epic Drive now.

Thanks again for heading this up, Chris!
    93 SC Red Auto 111k
    2013 Shootout Bracket ET First Place
    2015 Shootout Car Show Honerable Mention
    2016 Shootout Mod-1 First Place
    4.2, 2.3 Whipple, 3.73s AOD
    307rwhp 12.70@107.2 (MPX)
    395rwhp Whipple 11.741@117.5mph

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob_Royer View Post
    What??? "I've been doing it wrong putting miles on a 1/4 at a time lol... Seriously I think this will be a blast. I enjoyed the 1.25days of power tour we did this year. Even though it was cut short by transmission failure. It gave me motivation to fix alot of little stuff. I will prepare for this trip by daily driving my crap for a couple weeks (700 miles a week commute) that will find its flaws
    And finding you will, they never let down in that dept.
    1994 Supercoupe 5spd Custom, first to buy a 2.1L Big Bore Kenne Bell Twin Screw for an SC
    Old numbers on 1.7l AR SC: 415WHP off the bottle-12.2535 @112.18 off the bottle. Best TQ to date 516ft/lbs, New numbers 480whp on dream crusher.
    1990 35th 5spd 2011 Carlisle 1st place class winner. 12.9@108MPH 1.9
    2013 GT/CS 5.0L FRPP 2.3l Whipplecharged family weekend car
    2005 SAAB 9-3 Aero 2.0L TURBO Work Mule

Got me some new bolognas! Need to find some cobra calipers and find some time to do suspension bits.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by BLOWN38; 10-25-2017 at 12:45 AM.
    ~Chris
    SCCoA Member #1826
    Bettie Riding jack stands
    SCARlet on drag duty now

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWN38 View Post
    Got me some new bolognas! Need to find some cobra calipers and find some time to do suspension bits.
    Will those fit well on 17x8 wheels? I currenty run 245/45s and these look to be a bit taller/wider which would be a better fit IMO

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-NEW-255-4...ZXhsEm&vxp=mtr

This might be a good cheap budget tire for my crap. My khumos are shot.
    93 SC Red Auto 111k
    2013 Shootout Bracket ET First Place
    2015 Shootout Car Show Honerable Mention
    2016 Shootout Mod-1 First Place
    4.2, 2.3 Whipple, 3.73s AOD
    307rwhp 12.70@107.2 (MPX)
    395rwhp Whipple 11.741@117.5mph

I plan on attending at this point in time. Things may change come spring. Building an inlaw house between now and then so it all depends on if it is done by then or not.
    Red 94 5 Speed
    1 of 722

2014 Carlisle 3rd Place Winner, 94-95 SCs
    2013 Carlisle 1st Place Winner, 94-95 SCs
    2012 Carlisle 2nd Place Winner, 94-95 SCs

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob_Royer View Post
    Will those fit well on 17x8 wheels? I currenty run 245/45s and these look to be a bit taller/wider which would be a better fit IMO

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-NEW-255-4...ZXhsEm&vxp=mtr

This might be a good cheap budget tire for my crap. My khumos are shot.
    Should fit fine. And like you said they a little taller than the common 25.6" tires. So they should fill the wheel well better.

I need to get the powder coat fixed on my wheels before these tires go on.
    ~Chris
    SCCoA Member #1826
    Bettie Riding jack stands
    SCARlet on drag duty now

I responded at TCCoA but wanted to drop a line here as well.

I'm very interested and will do my best to make this meet.

Okay, so I looked at the list of things to bring and I am at a loss to figure out what the FRS Radios (Family Radio Service) set to Channel 8 is? Is that simply a new name for a plain old CB Radio?

Quote Originally Posted by Ira R. View Post
    Okay, so I looked at the list of things to bring and I am at a loss to figure out what the FRS Radios (Family Radio Service) set to Channel 8 is? Is that simply a new name for a plain old CB Radio?
    More like a walkie talkie.

Motorola T100 Talkabout Radio, 2 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DM7AESK..._90-hAbRHQPV94

Sounds like fun.

This event is really not far from home. I go to The Dragon, have fun, and return home all in the same day, so this is an easy event for me. I took the SC to The Dragon this summer. Everyone was moving out of my way.

Quote Originally Posted by 90blkbrd View Post
    More like a walkie talkie.

Motorola T100 Talkabout Radio, 2 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DM7AESK..._90-hAbRHQPV94
    Thanks for the info