2018 Epic Drive

I had planned on registering on site, but I think whatever happened to my SC this weekend (starter, maybe flywheel too) may prevent my participation. I'll try to make a cameo in another car Thursday night at least.

I live about 25 miles south of Athens. If anyone needs a garage or tools or something, hit me up.
Bummer Will. Hopefully, nobody will need to take you up on your garage offer.

Looks like Micah and I are out. It would appear that the blue Aurora will need some repairs. A wheel bearing, axle shaft bearing or something is making a noise from the left front tire. None of that sounds cheap so it's probably best to spend the money and get the car fixed up.

David,

Can you bring my packet back with you when you return to STL. I'll pick it up whenever I see you again.

You have 20 other cars to drive.... Just saying....

Yeah, this is disappointing. My SC is really set up more for this kind of driving than the drag strip. Hopefully I can bring it next year.

If it’s just a starter - easy fix. Get to wrenching. Or even bring another car.

Last edited:
Nettlesd said:
Looks like Micah and I are out. It would appear that the blue Aurora will need some repairs. A wheel bearing, axle shaft bearing or something is making a noise from the left front tire. None of that sounds cheap so it's probably best to spend the money and get the car fixed up.

David,

Can you bring my packet back with you when you return to STL. I'll pick it up whenever I see you again.

Yea really.........whatever happened to TBU hardcore? Beginning to wonder.....

Last edited:

That is true but we are also trying to be responsible with our finances. They have the car today to see what the damages might be. If the bill is cheap then I'll go. I suspect it won't be cheap and whatever I would pay in hotel costs will cover the bill needed to fix the car. The white Aurora needs the A/C recharged so that will also need to be done.

Yea really.........whatever happened to TBU hardcore? Beginning to wonder.....

Just trying to be responsible with our finances. It's just bad timing that the blue car started having problems.

Be responsible next month......time to break out the SRT.

David

Um...ok. It was a wheel bearing as I thought. Now to get the A/C fixed in the white car.

Don't forget my packet and other goodies. I'll be canceling my reservations here in a minute. That money will pay for all the repairs on both cars.

Awards and give aways!!

Master of Wrenches - Ira & Gail Robinson
Master of Shenanigans - Kaleb Kreisz
Farthest Drive - Tony Serno

Scavenger Hunt Winners
1st - James Smith & Dawn Smith
2nd - Team Kurt & Jennifer Budak Kreisz

True MN12 go the distance participants:
Kurt & Jennifer Kreisz
Tony Serno
Ralph Graul
James & Dawn Smith
Pat DiPersia
Nick & Mary Brown
Mike & Susie Bennett
John Machen
Michael Lehmann
Christopher Wise

Sponsors thank you so much for making this first year event a success!!!

Pat DiPersia - SCCOA
Bill Evanoff - Supercoupe Performance
Ralph J Graul - Amsoil Direct Jobber
& the crazy guys at the TBU!!

Not bad for a first year event.

I didn't even make it but I want to thank the organizers for putting the effort into pulling this event off!

Hopefully this will become an annual event. I'll certainly would make every effort to make it next year. It was a scheduling fluke that I wound up missing it this year. I've requested time off for the Shootout so, I hope to make it this year. (Fingers crossed)

Cheers to the winners!

Definitely an awesome event. Thanks for organizing and promoting it. I haven't been active with the club in a few years and this has certainly increased my interest again. I had a few repairs that were needed before, and it was well worth the push to finish.

Stentson's Off to Organizers and Sponsors

Hats Off!!

Cris, A big "Bravo Zulu" for you the organizers and sponsors of the First Epic Drive. It was a true blast to drive the cars over the long weekend. Colonel Don and I where thrilled to be on this "first ever" and it was pulled off with flying colors. Though Don came in his Pontiac Solstice, at least he had a 5 Speed to row through the curvy roads and long back road . Thanks to us missing movement on Friday morning, we got to do the Tail of the Dragon in both directions. 636 curves over 22 miles. Bet the PS fluid was hot but the XB-70 did not miss a beat while on the hunt for the slippery Solstice. Got back to Nashville at a constant 80-90 mph on I-40 W. Car earned an early oil change today for it's flawless performance. Pictures available to download are a great plus to memorialize!!!! Kudos.

Can't wait for the next Epic!

https://xtremesportsphotography.photoreflect.com/store/Orderpage.aspx?pi=0QAK02Z90F0001&po=2&pc=645

https://xtremesportsphotography.photoreflect.com/store/Orderpage.aspx?pi=0QAK02Z9010518&po=4&pc=6257

Great article! So good to see the SCCOA getting some coverage, and some great looking cars representing, props to Kurt and your family. It has been fun to watch this drive develop.

So what's the consensus on the article? Is your SC/XR7 a mustang-ish muscle car, or a BMW-ish GT?

Back