Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Epic Drive

Quote Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
    I had planned on registering on site, but I think whatever happened to my SC this weekend (starter, maybe flywheel too) may prevent my participation. I'll try to make a cameo in another car Thursday night at least.

I live about 25 miles south of Athens. If anyone needs a garage or tools or something, hit me up.
    Bummer Will. Hopefully, nobody will need to take you up on your garage offer.
    Kurt K (e-mail)
    SCCoA Member #: 443
    '92 SC AOD -- 11.521s @ 116.748mph, 2.0 AR power
    . . . . . . . . . -- 13.547s @ 101.01 mph, only w/ bolt-ons
    '95 SC 5spd -- All Stock, except 17" Simmons wheels.
    '90 SC 35th Anny 5spd -- 3rd owner, 16k miles
    2 '89 XR7 5spd's -- on their way out, really!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt K View Post
    Bummer Will. Hopefully, nobody will need to take you up on your garage offer.
    Yeah, this is disappointing. My SC is really set up more for this kind of driving than the drag strip. Hopefully I can bring it next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nettlesd View Post
    Looks like Micah and I are out. It would appear that the blue Aurora will need some repairs. A wheel bearing, axle shaft bearing or something is making a noise from the left front tire. None of that sounds cheap so it's probably best to spend the money and get the car fixed up.

David,

Can you bring my packet back with you when you return to STL. I'll pick it up whenever I see you again.
    You have 20 other cars to drive.... Just saying....

Quote Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
    Yeah, this is disappointing. My SC is really set up more for this kind of driving than the drag strip. Hopefully I can bring it next year.
    If it’s just a starter - easy fix. Get to wrenching. Or even bring another car.
    Last edited by Wzenheimer; 05-02-2018 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nettlesd
    Looks like Micah and I are out. It would appear that the blue Aurora will need some repairs. A wheel bearing, axle shaft bearing or something is making a noise from the left front tire. None of that sounds cheap so it's probably best to spend the money and get the car fixed up.

David,

Can you bring my packet back with you when you return to STL. I'll pick it up whenever I see you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob_Royer View Post
    Yea really.........whatever happened to TBU hardcore? Beginning to wonder.....
    Last edited by Wzenheimer; 05-02-2018 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob_Royer View Post
    That is true but we are also trying to be responsible with our finances. They have the car today to see what the damages might be. If the bill is cheap then I'll go. I suspect it won't be cheap and whatever I would pay in hotel costs will cover the bill needed to fix the car. The white Aurora needs the A/C recharged so that will also need to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Wzenheimer View Post
    Yea really.........whatever happened to TBU hardcore? Beginning to wonder.....
    Just trying to be responsible with our finances. It's just bad timing that the blue car started having problems.
    SCCoA Member #247
    Hardcore TBU #5 (in tow)

Be responsible next month......time to break out the SRT.

David
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat.............750 rwhp 720 rwtq

My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wzenheimer View Post
    If itís just a starter - easy fix. Get to wrenching. Or even bring another car.
    Unfortunately, it doesn't much matter what I take. I don't think I'm going to be able to take Friday off work.

Quote Originally Posted by David Neibert View Post
    Be responsible next month......time to break out the SRT.

David

Um...ok. It was a wheel bearing as I thought. Now to get the A/C fixed in the white car.

Don't forget my packet and other goodies. I'll be canceling my reservations here in a minute. That money will pay for all the repairs on both cars.
    SCCoA Member #247
    Hardcore TBU #5 (in tow)

Good to see everyone at the hotel and at dinner tonight. Have fun and stay safe on the road.

Awards and give aways!!

Master of Wrenches - Ira & Gail Robinson
    Master of Shenanigans - Kaleb Kreisz
    Farthest Drive - Tony Serno

Scavenger Hunt Winners
    1st - James Smith & Dawn Smith
    2nd - Team Kurt & Jennifer Budak Kreisz

True MN12 go the distance participants:
    Kurt & Jennifer Kreisz
    Tony Serno
    Ralph Graul
    James & Dawn Smith
    Pat DiPersia
    Nick & Mary Brown
    Mike & Susie Bennett
    John Machen
    Michael Lehmann
    Christopher Wise

Sponsors thank you so much for making this first year event a success!!!

Pat DiPersia - SCCOA
    Bill Evanoff - Supercoupe Performance
    Ralph J Graul - Amsoil Direct Jobber
    & the crazy guys at the TBU!!

Not bad for a first year event.

I didn't even make it but I want to thank the organizers for putting the effort into pulling this event off!

Hopefully this will become an annual event. I'll certainly would make every effort to make it next year. It was a scheduling fluke that I wound up missing it this year. I've requested time off for the Shootout so, I hope to make it this year. (Fingers crossed)

Cheers to the winners!

Definitely an awesome event. Thanks for organizing and promoting it. I haven't been active with the club in a few years and this has certainly increased my interest again. I had a few repairs that were needed before, and it was well worth the push to finish.
    94 SC 5sp.
    Mods: ESM SC Top, IC Fan, dual 2.5" exhaust, mac intake, 300w pioneer sub, Cobra cowl hood, 97 front lights.

Cool Stentson's Off to Organizers and Sponsors

Hats Off!!

Cris, A big "Bravo Zulu" for you the organizers and sponsors of the First Epic Drive. It was a true blast to drive the cars over the long weekend. Colonel Don and I where thrilled to be on this "first ever" and it was pulled off with flying colors. Though Don came in his Pontiac Solstice, at least he had a 5 Speed to row through the curvy roads and long back road . Thanks to us missing movement on Friday morning, we got to do the Tail of the Dragon in both directions. 636 curves over 22 miles. Bet the PS fluid was hot but the XB-70 did not miss a beat while on the hunt for the slippery Solstice. Got back to Nashville at a constant 80-90 mph on I-40 W. Car earned an early oil change today for it's flawless performance. Pictures available to download are a great plus to memorialize!!!! Kudos.

Can't wait for the next Epic!

https://xtremesportsphotography.phot...01&po=2&pc=645

https://xtremesportsphotography.phot...8&po=4&pc=6257
    1990 SC 5 Spd, Oxford White/Black Leather, 1 owner - "XB-70 - AV1" and Dragon Slayer on Epic Drive '18.
    1995 SC 5 Spd, OP White/Grey Leather, DLFs built car - "Mr. Hyde"
    1994 SC 5 Spd, Black/Grey Leather, all options, - "SR-71"
    1992 SC Auto, Oxford White/Black Leather, - "XB-70 - AV2"
    1990 SC Auto, 35th, all options, - "Phoenix Bird"
    1990 SC 5 Spd conversion, Red/Black Cloth, no options, - "Tampon IV"

Thanks Chris!

I received my T-shirt, sticker & magnet. Very much appreciated that you sent those to me.