2018 Epic Drive

Ricardo, if you're talking about a timed road rally: I've done one, and IMO nothing makes a drive less fun than staring at a stopwatch and trying to calculate how much your speedo is off so you can get to the checkpoint on time.

If we're starting in Chatt, I don't have much of an excuse for not going.

There is a lot of people who actually enjoy doing this.

I feel like I am interested in this event, but I also feel like my MN12 wont be up to snuff in time, and my wife will give me the epic frown face when the idea is presented to her. Maybe not though, depends on what when where and how much.

The Official 2018 THE-EPIC-DRIVE Thread

2018 Dates: May 4, 2018 thru May 6, 2018

Please see the Official Website:

THE-EPIC-DRIVE

Updated 10/18/17 and nearly everything announced ahead of schedule. Please check back often for updates. Registration will open a bit later once we settle on goodies and establish our sponsors.

Tempted to do this on the Aprilia.

On a side note, what if the shootout was promoted as heavily as this epic drive...:eek:

Not promoted that much more than Shootout. I started this with word of mouth 2-3 years ago in discussions basically at the Shootout. I announced the event at the Shootout using the MC platform. The response was very good so I posted here, TBU, and TCCoA. Then spent the last couple of weeks building logo's and a website with help from others. About the only thing different is Twitter, FB, and Instagram accounts to facilitate reaching the masses, which I supposed would help the Shootout too. It would also help if everyone would attend, both events. This has originally been planned to only be a Spring Event. However, if the event has success I may include others. Mainly to reach other members that find it too far to attend.

Can an admin make this thread a sticky???

Last edited:
..... This has originally been planned to only be a Spring Event. However, if the event has success I may include others. Mainly to reach other members that find it too far to attend.

Sounds like an awesome idea. :)

My car has been gravitating towards more of a street/strip car than I had originally intended - I blame my Shootout attendance and less general cruising. ;) I have always semi-daily driven my car, but it's not the same...especially when all you're around is the typical group of daily-driver cars. I think this will help me personally reign it back in a little. I'll be running 93 pump gas for the cruise...that's for sure. That lets me put off the fuel system upgrades until next summer too.

It's kind of ironic, but the winter preparation that we would usually planning (whether designing or actual wrenching) should be more heavily maintenance and drivability related...which honestly, some of us neglect when we're trying to round up more ponies.

So....I guess I'm going to make a checklist of SC to-do's to prep for the Epic Drive now. ;)

Thanks again for heading this up, Chris!

What??? "I've been doing it wrong putting miles on a 1/4 at a time lol... Seriously I think this will be a blast. I enjoyed the 1.25days of power tour we did this year. Even though it was cut short by transmission failure. It gave me motivation to fix alot of little stuff. I will prepare for this trip by daily driving my crap for a couple weeks (700 miles a week commute) that will find its flaws

Sounds like an awesome idea. :)

My car has been gravitating towards more of a street/strip car than I had originally intended - I blame my Shootout attendance and less general cruising. ;) I have always semi-daily driven my car, but it's not the same...especially when all you're around is the typical group of daily-driver cars. I think this will help me personally reign it back in a little. I'll be running 93 pump gas for the cruise...that's for sure. That lets me put off the fuel system upgrades until next summer too.

It's kind of ironic, but the winter preparation that we would usually planning (whether designing or actual wrenching) should be more heavily maintenance and drivability related...which honestly, some of us neglect when we're trying to round up more ponies.

So....I guess I'm going to make a checklist of SC to-do's to prep for the Epic Drive now. ;)

Thanks again for heading this up, Chris!

What??? "I've been doing it wrong putting miles on a 1/4 at a time lol... Seriously I think this will be a blast. I enjoyed the 1.25days of power tour we did this year. Even though it was cut short by transmission failure. It gave me motivation to fix alot of little stuff. I will prepare for this trip by daily driving my crap for a couple weeks (700 miles a week commute) that will find its flaws

And finding you will, they never let down in that dept.

Got me some new bolognas! Need to find some cobra calipers and find some time to do suspension bits.

Attachments

• 555 G2.jpg
    555 G2.jpg
    425.1 KB · Views: 511
Last edited:
I plan on attending at this point in time. Things may change come spring. Building an inlaw house between now and then so it all depends on if it is done by then or not.

Will those fit well on 17x8 wheels? I currenty run 245/45s and these look to be a bit taller/wider which would be a better fit IMO

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-NEW-255-...ash=item41ae7f5606:g:JTIAAOSw7XZXhsEm&vxp=mtr

This might be a good cheap budget tire for my crap. My khumos are shot.

Should fit fine. And like you said they a little taller than the common 25.6" tires. So they should fill the wheel well better.

I need to get the powder coat fixed on my wheels before these tires go on.

I responded at TCCoA but wanted to drop a line here as well.

I'm very interested and will do my best to make this meet.

Okay, so I looked at the list of things to bring and I am at a loss to figure out what the FRS Radios (Family Radio Service) set to Channel 8 is? Is that simply a new name for a plain old CB Radio?

Back