Old "new" member coming back around

supercharged95

I've been holding off on posting this as over the course of time I've waffled back and forth on selling my bird but could never follow through. I've had my car for about 16 years but for one reason or another, for the past 11 she hasn't ran. I made an ultimatum over the summer to get it running again or sell it.. as I couldn't sell it, I only had one other choice.

A couple weeks ago a local shop picked her up to perform lots of much needed maintenance and add on a few goodies that have been sitting around. As I am closer to having everything ready, I am excited to post pics:

1 under cover.jpg
2 .jpg
6 on the ground.jpg
9 up in the air.jpg
12 powder coated parts.jpg

My goal is to have her running in the next couple weeks until the snow starts flying. Once the snow hits the ground, I will begin round 2 of mods and hope to have everything ready by spring/summer of 2018

I can't wait to see it running. It has been a long time.

You and me both! She's getting closer, was idling consistently (open header) on Friday when I dropped off the exhaust components. Hope to have her back on the road by early/mid next week.

Subframe powdercoated and installed with Mark VIII LCAs, H&R lowering springs, new tokico II (also painted black) Aluminum subframe bushings and UHMW LCA bushings
IMG_7293.JPG
IMG_7303.jpg

Exhaust ready to mount up: Magnaflow X-pipe, Dynomax race bullets and Borla Pro XS 24" mufflers

IMG_7307.jpg

Last edited:
Back on the road again...

Finished product! Car runs/drives pretty good, exhaust sounds great with no drone. Now time to start chasing out the bugs!

IMG_7386.jpg
IMG_7387.jpg
IMG_7388.jpg
IMG_7370.JPG
IMG_7371.JPG

Hi question about you exhaust setup. Those are glass packs after the X pipe correct. Would you know if any brand glass pack works for no drone and what length or is there a specific brand that would be best. Would like to get rid of the drone my sc has with the magnaflow set up I have.

Thanks

Hi question about you exhaust setup. Those are glass packs after the X pipe correct. Would you know if any brand glass pack works for no drone and what length or is there a specific brand that would be best. Would like to get rid of the drone my sc has with the magnaflow set up I have.

Thanks

Yep, they are Dynomax race bullets, 2.5" diameter and 16.5" length: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/wlk-24246/overview/

Mufflers are the Borla Pro XS 24" with a center inlet and offset outlet: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/bor-400484/overview/

Once the wind dies down, I will take a sound clip but there is zero drone and I am very happy.

Good luck!

Back