Wtb fmic

Looking to get a front mount intercooler. If one isn't for sale on here, would a universal fmic from ebay work?

You can make almost anything work, Matt. :)

There are a few tried-and-true methods for routing on here. If you want to upgrade your radiator at the same time, you can fit something much bigger/better in there too.

I know that I can get a collerless classic sc top for the piping, but not sure about the intake plenum part

You'll have to modify it by adding a piece of whatever size tubing you plan on using.

Attachments

• Whipple mock-up 005.JPG
    Whipple mock-up 005.JPG
    347.9 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Darn. Was hoping I wouldn't have to modify...too much. Fortunately I have a spare intake plenum...that is damaged that can be cut and set up. I think I also have place that can weld it.

From DrFishbone's FMIC thread, he used a 25×12×3 IC... Are there specific dimensions that will fit? Maybe something that doesn't block so much of the radiator.

I wouldn't worry about blocking the radiator - especially if you up-size or buy a new one. During normal, non-boost driving, the heat that is dissipated by the IC is not much. Wide open throttle spurts are short enough that you shouldn't need to worry.

The one I used in my thread a few years back allows for easy / clean routing, but requires the radiator to be relocated or changed out for a different one. The big FMIC like done by many members (and now me too) is 31x12x4 (or 31x12x3). There is alot more piping, but it will preform better and can be routed with a factory-style radiator. That's the biggest you'll fit before having to cut the bumper brackets off! lol

Back