Opinions / suggestions on what you think

91BlackSC

Looking for opinions / suggestions on what you all think. Remove the black side molding, or, leave it and paint it red... or, perhaps something else?

Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• Bird.jpg
    Bird.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 170
I have the exact same car, I want to paint mine red as without the moldings the doors look even bigger.

kciuJv.jpg

I say leave them and paint them red.. It's something I really want to do to my car, whenever I get the chance. When you remove them, the doors just look like they're missing something.

Painted them body color on both sc's imo the doors look redicoulous without the trim unless you have a really dark color car. Also removing them usually results in needing a ton of body work to make it look right.

twvw3R.jpg

dGj0De.jpg

It's your car, do what you want.

What !I! would do is paint body color; or use it as a dividing line to have the top one color the bottom another. Your choice.

RwP

Everyone, thanks for all of the suggestions and pictures so far. All beautiful Thunderbirds. Seeing both (with and without the molding), it's almost as if I am torn between the two, LOL!

I guess it depends on the color of the vehicle, as was mentioned. I'll have to really think about this one. I really appreciate all of the feedback so far. Thanks to all of you!!

I always park in the south 40 away from everything so no worry about door dings, I always have with all of my vehicles over the years...........;)

I do the same whenever possible. But if you do stuff with a group like Hot Rod Power Tour, Rods & Hogs or even the Shootout cruise over to the Parkette drive in, you are sometimes forced to park next to other cars. Best you can do is surround yourself with other nice SCs And XR7s.

David

my two cents

Since you asked for opinions, here's mine. I own a '90 red SC & when I get the bumper covers painted this winter, I plan on removing the black side mouldings & having the black/yellow moulding on the bumpers painted red to match. It'll be a few months, but I'll post pics when it's done.

Keep in mind you can no longer buy them. if you remove them and decide later you want to add them back they are not easy to come by.

the front and rear bumpers have the moulding built right into it 89-93, if you take it off, the door, you can it missing and makes the door look to big for the car with a missing moulding

First of all, again, I do appreciate all of the input. After reading all of the comments throughout this thread, and, seeing pictures of the different cars, I think I may be leaning towards keeping the molding and painting it to match the car, along with the moldings in the front and rear bumper covers. I have had two black SC's in the past, so, this red is a bit of a change, and, I really do like the color. Not sure when I will be doing this as of yet, but, I will post some pics once it is done.

Thanks again to all of you.

Back