New Power Seat Control Trim Panels

90Cougar

After having scoured all the local junkyards looking to find a replacement seat trim for my 1990 Cougar and finding only broken ones, I'd given up. But last week I discovered something I thought all fellow owners would really like to hear:

Finally there's someone selling NEW reproduction seat trim panels on eBay. They say it's fit all 1990 through 1997 Thunderbirds and Cougars but all I cared about is that it fits my '90. It does. I got it on Monday and it went in no problem for my Power/Lumbar/Bolster. The repro panels come it a kit that is supposed to work for all control models from manual to power. Too late I discovered that you can save $5 over eBay by going to their company website N T T Distribution www.nttdistribution.com but big deal. Now when I open the door there isn't a bunch of duct tape holding the busted panel together. The repro is about $35.

Wow - GREAT FIND. I scored a set at a wreckers recently but it's nice to know these are available. Thanks for posting.

I don't have an 89 to compare, but isn't the trim panel the same as the 90? It is possible the seller isn't familiar with the 89.

I'll have to take a close look, dont recall what it looks like from memory but if it fits that would be great:)

I'll have to take a close look, dont recall what it looks like from memory but if it fits that would be great:)

Other than the 89-specific "titanium" color, the piece should be the same.

Man, what a great find! Now, if we could get a sticker made to resemble the factory lettering, that would just be the cherry on top.

Back