Rear tire size

Rancor Keeper

Anyone here running a 245/50R16 on the stock 16x7 rims? I'm thinking of going that size for my rears.

For that matter, anyone got a larger width on the stock rims?

Not sure I'd go that far on stock rims. I've run front: 225/60 R16 ~ rear: 235/60 R16 Yokohamas on my lowered Anny for the last decade+ w/no issues, tho. Seems just right. Wear is flat across the tread @ 35 psi.

I've run front: 225/60 R16 ~ rear: 235/60 R16 Yokohamas on my lowered Anny for the last decade+ w/no issues, tho.

Thanks for the input. That's what I mocked up (BFG Advantage), but it doesn't look any wider, so I want to see if others have tried larger. If I can go up to a 245, I can put BFG Sport Comps on the rear, which ideally is the tire I'd like to run.

I'd still want a wider rim to make it work and sit right so you don't squander that nice fat tire ;)

I have run the 245/50's on stock wheels. They handled good, and wore evenly, but they are shorter than stock, so they leave the wheel well gap looking pretty large, even on a lowered car.

I've run BFG Sport Comp2 255 50 16 on stock rims for the last 2 Summers and loved them except for the fact that they wear very fast. I've put about 30,000 km on them and they're done. So noisey now I thought the wheel bearings were going. Nice sticky tires but I wouldn't buy them again because they just wear way too fast. 255 50 16 puts you at about the same height as the stockers but very limited choice.

I have run the 245/50's on stock wheels. They handled good, and wore evenly, but they are shorter than stock, so they leave the wheel well gap looking pretty large, even on a lowered car.

Oh, I didn't realize that. Good feedback; I definitely don't want to increase the gap at the wheel well.

I've run BFG Sport Comp2 255 50 16 on stock rims for the last 2 Summers and loved them except for the fact that they wear very fast ... Nice sticky tires but I wouldn't buy them again because they just wear way too fast. 255 50 16 puts you at about the same height as the stockers but very limited choice.

I have Sport Comps on my Bullitt & think the wear isn't too bad. I only put about 3,500 miles on each car per year, so that should get me about five years, which I think is reasonable. They handle great in the rain, but I've not driven them much in cold weather - do you drive them year round?

I only drive the Bird May to October. Don't get me wrong, I love how these tires hold the road but at this point with only 30,000 km on them I wouldn't push them at all in the rain and they're just plain noisey to me now.

Back