ThunderSnake1

New Member, My name is Anthony and I'm located in Macomb County Michigan. I found this SC from a couple that received it from a family member out in Napa Valley, California. Totally rust free, has only been driven 1000 miles in the last 3 years. I'm debating on whether or not I should keep it or sell it. Its a 1990 Thunderbird SC 74k miles. Unfortunately I was unable to attend the shootout which I've been wanting to attend since I was able to drive at the age of 16. I've had 3 birds in my time, 1994 v6/1995/v8 and this SC. I don't know where to start with it in terms of performance and anything to make these rare birds stand out.

Any tips and advice would be appreciated.

Thank You,
Anthony

Attachments

• SC1.jpg
    SC1.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 177
  • SC3.JPG
    SC3.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 169
  • SC4.JPG
    SC4.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 173
  • SC6.JPG
    SC6.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 164
  • SC2.JPG
    SC2.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 179
Very nice. Congrats!! That looks to be a great one to leave stock. Enjoy the drive and save money.
Creighton

Last edited:
Exhaust

I've been reading that if I do anything it should be the Exhaust. Is this true that the exhaust will reduce the stress on the gaskets?

Is this true that the exhaust will reduce the stress on the gaskets?

Apparently not. Primary cause is being beat on, with bonus points for poor maintenance. Opening the exhaust is typically favored as a compliment to other mods, which it seems, are a slippery slope ;)

Another vote for leaving it alone.

Seen the SC Buyer's Guide?

Keep it stock. It's rare to find one stock, especially in that kind of shape. If you don't beat on it and maintain it properly, you'll be very happy with it. Highly suggest against any driving with even a hint of salt on the road as well, obviously as long as that's an option.

To your "how to get these rare birds to stand out" question...people appreciate stock cars too. A well maintained original of most performance cars will always be appreciated. Plus, it's tough to get attention in something that's so under-appreciated in the first place (i.e. it's not a Mustang), but any car person knows where the SC stands in its uniqueness. My neighbor is a Ford guy (more for the trucks), and goes out of his way to talk to me about mine whenever I get it out. As long as you know what you have and it makes you happy, drive it until you can't anymore. Mine puts a smile on my face every time I turn the key.

Congrats on the great looking car.

Last edited:
wow wish I would have seen this. im out here in California and always look on craigslist and other sources looking for SCs. I find some here and there some beat and some pretty descent. not any modded tho that's rare to see. Very clean bird you have there. No sun/moon roof?

No Roof

wow wish I would have seen this. im out here in California and always look on craigslist and other sources looking for SCs. I find some here and there some beat and some pretty descent. not any modded tho that's rare to see. Very clean bird you have there. No sun/moon roof?

No roof, I bought it from a couple in Michigan whose Uncle brought and drove it for 20 years in California.

Back