why I hate driving something nice any more read on

pro street rich

Well the summer driving time is over and for some it is really over. The weather is starting to change so we got to put our toys away. So monday I take my white sc for its last ride and now I am mad.. not because the season is over, RATHER the jerk that was driving a dump truck with a trailer on the back. I was in the left lane just going along and this jerk decides that he wants to be in the same lane.. Well as we all know there is not room for two in one lane... I tried to get out of his way as I was blowing the horn and hitting the brakes.....
This did not turn out all bad, I jumped in the grassy medium but he was still able to clip the right side of the car... BUT he kept on going....jerk. So I pulled back on the road and ran him down as I was calling 911. I got him to stop and then the local cops showed up.. I told him what happened and the jerk and his partner said they never hit me. So now it is up to the cops to see how this mess turns out...
Why did I take it out for one more ride?? why did I go that way?? why?why? why? This is why I hate to drive anything nice any more... people are just jerks plain and simple... now I got to get this car fixed oh well life will go on.....Rich

I'm seeing more and more dash cam DVRs for this very reason. There seems to be a new trend that involves the total lack of accountability in any aspect of life. Annoying for those of us that give a crap.

+1 on the dashcam...don't leave home without one. Mine captured the wacko that hit my Anny last year - felt good having video to make sure there was no doubt.

Glad you're ok - hope the damage to the SC gets taken care of.

On the dash cam side of things. I consider myself a person of integrity, and believe I would own up to my actions on the road. But if I have a dashcam going and am forced to merge and cut someone off, or hydroplane or whatever :rolleyes: and am the cause of some disruption... is there a greater likelihood my incident is gonna make the news or be made viral, causing a bunch of fuss in my life if they take my dash cam to show my fault? Versus just an accident report?

Sometimes I prefer my mistakes to remain anonymous... although this is coming from the guy that posted about hitting a deer with his SC, ironically.

But I guess the ability to pin evidence on other drivers is worth the risk of the chance of self-shameful footage?

...is there a greater likelihood my incident is gonna make the news or be made viral

Depends on if the drama helps the current news cycle ;) Today, there are cameras everywhere, so it might not matter much if a given driver isn't using one.

I remember a gentleman in Japan that filmed himself redlining his Ferrari, then denying it in court until the police revealed the footage...seems like youtube is loaded with self-incriminating video.

Some dashcams will even wake up if your car is hit while parked.

I suspect one might have helped Rich, tho.

Back