vibration at high speed and other issues

wingzeroac195

SCCoA Member
Fellow SC owners, I have 2 issues that I would like the expert opinions from you guys:

1 issue: when I'm driving pass 60mph I start to get a heavy vibration. the shifter (5speed) starts to shake and vibrate and so is the whole chassis, the faster I go the worse it gets, I check all the suspension bushings and everything is good, BUT the crazy thing is that when I drive back from work to home at 330am, the vibration is super minimal!! same route and road just is colder. and besides vibration I also get a different vibration that comes and goes while I'm driving at those speed, this one I can feel it on my steering wheel, i do not know what it is.

2 issue: the MC is the old troublemaker one, I keep on loosing brake fluid. after some research I will check the valve that activates the ARC but Im not sure if it is. Well the issue is that I upgrade the brake system with the Mustang calipers, my ABS light is on due to a abs sensor. but after many months the brake light has been coming on, I added some fluid, and then it overflows spilling all the excess fluid. so after a while the brake decides not to work and I get scare, then the light goes off, and everything is fine, leave the car overnight and the next day is back to the same issue, NOW i do not overfill the reservoir, just a little over the mark.

3 issue: everytime i hit the brakes, the car pulls to the left. new calipers, brake pads, bushing looks good, dont know the issue, tires have air

please let me know if you know anything, thanks

Last edited:
Fellow SC owners, I have 2 issues that I would like the expert opinions from you guys:

1 issue: when I'm driving pass 60mph I start to get a heavy vibration. the shifter (5speed) starts to shake and vibrate and so is the whole chassis, the faster I go the worse it gets, I check all the suspension bushings and everything is good, BUT the crazy thing is that when I drive back from work to home at 330am, the vibration is super minimal!! same route and road just is colder. and besides vibration I also get a different vibration that comes and goes while I'm driving at those speed, this one I can feel it on my steering wheel, i do not know what it is.

Check your rear upper control arm frame bushings.. raise the wheel, grab at 12&6 and push/pull. Should be no movement.

2 issue: the MC is the old troublemaker one, I keep on loosing brake fluid. after some research I will check the valve that activates the ARC but Im not sure if it is. Well the issue is that I upgrade the brake system with the Mustang calipers, my ABS light is on due to a abs sensor. but after many months the brake light has been coming on, I added some fluid, and then it overflows spilling all the excess fluid. so after a while the brake decides not to work and I get scare, then the light goes off, and everything is fine, leave the car overnight and the next day is back to the same issue, NOW i do not overfill the reservoir, just a little over the mark.

Probably dripping out from the ARC pressure sensor. The one mounted on the frame that the rear brake line feeds into. Looks sort of like a porportioning valve.

3 issue: everytime i hit the brakes, the car pulls to the left. new calipers, brake pads, bushing looks good, dont know the issue, tires have air

please let me know if you know anything, thanks

If you ever bought aftermarket lower control arms that have the built-in ball joint, kick yourself squarely in the you know wheres.. LOL
I had a horrid braking pull and it turned out to be from a wrong control arm; even though it fit OK.. got it off ebay.. never again!
Its the one that has a molded in, non replacable ball joint. The OEM lowers have a replaceable ball joint. I went back refurbished the
original arms with new ball joints and bushings and that fixed my problem.

Last edited:
1 issue: this one I can feel it on my steering wheel

Feel it in the seat of your pants...driveline. Feel it in the steering wheel...tires/wheels. Might be bad wheel bearing. Might be a damaged belt in one of the tires. Can you rotate front/rear easy enough to study?

2 issue: Agreed...check the ARC switch. I think we can buy new, now.

3 issue: See #1 - Might be a failing wheel bearing/bent spindle. Or, a combo of things, such as a front end out of alignment/worn parts, where, say the toe is out, causing tire wear, which leads to vibration. If you run your hand over the tread from inside to out, do you feel anything uneven? if you run your hand on the outside tread back to front, feel any edges/feathering?

Back