2018 HRPT June 9-15

Quik95SC

SCCoA Member
Well,
For those interested, Hot Rod Magazine has announced the 2018 HRPT dates are from the 9-15th of June, starting near Bowling Green, KY.

No stops or venues have been announced, but at least people now have the dates and can request vacation time.

This year I am planning on doing the entire tour with my dad who lives in FL and is 77, so you never know how many more times I will get this chance. He is the one that is largely responsible for me getting involved with cars to begin with, so I thought this would be a great trip for him as well.

Hopefully some more SCCOA/TCCOA/TBU etc; folks can join in.

Smitty

Registration List:

Name--------------Board Name--------Driving From---------Tour Length/Stops

James Smith (Smitty)---Quik95SC--------Clarksville, TN--------------Long Haul
Tim Groth ---------------Tim Groth----------Roanoke, VA--------------Long Haul
Ira Robinson------------- Ira R.-------------Sarasota, FL--------------Long Haul

Last edited:
I might skip Carlisle and hit a few of the Power Tour spots.

Actually might not have to skip Carlisle either. Its on the 1-3.

Well I can't commit until I see where the tour is going this year, but I would like to be able to join in if I can make t he schedule work.

Dates and locations

This year dates and locations have been announced for the 2018. Venues have also been announced except for Chattanooga, TN (Rumored @ Chatt State Comm College) and Raleigh, NC

Saturday, June 9: Bowling Green, KY @ Beech Bend Raceway Park
Sunday, June 10: Chattanooga, TN @ Chattanooga State Community College
Monday, June 11: Birmingham, AL @ Hoover metropolitan Stadium
Tuesday, June 12: Hampton, GA @ Atlanta Motor Speedway
Wednesday, June 13: Darlington, SC @ Darlington Raceway
Thursday, June 14: Raleigh, NC @ PNC Arena
Friday, June 15: Concord, NC @ zMax Dragway (Charlotte Motor Speedway)

Anyone thinking about going now that you have a list of cities?

Last edited:
That's not so bad. It is awfully close to the EPIC Drive though. I don't know that I can talk the Boss into doing both. Well, there's only one way to find out...

I will probably skip this and the epic drive. My car is just not setup well for it anymore and I don't feel like dumping anymore $ in it for awhile lol

I will probably skip this and the epic drive. My car is just not setup well for it anymore and I don't feel like dumping anymore $ in it for awhile lol
That's not a valid excuse. I plan on driving my car on the Epic Drive, and its not exactly set up for it. And I've been on 3 HRPTs with the same setup and haven't had any issues other than getting crappy mileage.

With both events so close to Nashville, there is no excuse for me not to attend both so planning on doing so.

Epic Drive will likely have some Pontiac Solstice/Saturn Sky cars join us as Colonel Don Miller was really stoked about our club when he hung around at the 2017 SC-XR7 Shootout.

It's going to be a great 2018.

Seasons Greetings,

Colonel Glenn

That's not a valid excuse. I plan on driving my car on the Epic Drive, and its not exactly set up for it. And I've been on 3 HRPTs with the same setup and haven't had any issues other than getting crappy mileage.

I have alot of stuff to do to the car so it does not turn into the epic tow-bill. Everytime it rains i loose a DIS and i have a Mystery trans leak i need to figure out. I have not completely ruled it out but i have ALOT to do before i can make the trip. I have a digital trans temp guage to install also. The bad thing about the epic drive is the fact that i have to go through the mountains just to get there. i can cruise 60mph all day long but it gets rough on stuff doing much interstate with 3.73s and no lockup. I contimplated putting a stock 3.27 diff in for the trip but i am not sure if i'd end up with high trans temps.

I have alot of stuff to do to the car so it does not turn into the epic tow-bill. Everytime it rains i loose a DIS and i have a Mystery trans leak i need to figure out. I have not completely ruled it out but i have ALOT to do before i can make the trip. I have a digital trans temp guage to install also. The bad thing about the epic drive is the fact that i have to go through the mountains just to get there. i can cruise 60mph all day long but it gets rough on stuff doing much interstate with 3.73s and no lockup. I contimplated putting a stock 3.27 diff in for the trip but i am not sure if i'd end up with high trans temps.

Bring the Son's Stang :D

-Tim

I would love to do this, but not sure I can get a week plus off of work AND escape the family that long! 2400 miles round-trip for me. That's a haul, but probably the closest one to me for awhile. Also means I won't do Carlisle this year. Decisions, decisions.

I would love to do this, but not sure I can get a week plus off of work AND escape the family that long! 2400 miles round-trip for me. That's a haul, but probably the closest one to me for awhile. Also means I won't do Carlisle this year. Decisions, decisions.

Oooo SCCoA sponsored power tour. Free gas for all the long haulers.:D

Well, The Boss said, "whatever you want to do", so now it's a matter of logistics. Is there a cutoff date to register for the tour that I have to worry about, or can it wait a while until I work this out?

I don't think there is a cutoff for the drive. The problem is finding lodging. I believe all the official hotels are sold out now. Alltho I heard the sold out part is just the block of rooms they reserved for tour people and you can still get rooms at those hotels just not at a discounted rate. Maybe some of the Vets here know better.

Is there a list of people who are thinking of doing this? I have always wanted top do this and the run this year is actually possible, but it wouldn't be any fun if there aren't a bunch of us going. I'm sure it would also make a big difference if people who have already done the tour are doing it again.

I may meet everyone for the finish at Zmax on the 15th. I may also try to make it up to Raleigh on the 14th.

I'll know as it gets closer to that date.

Back