Tire size question

91BlackSC

Hello everyone,

I just ordered a set of the Saleen Speedstar wheels, 18 x 9" wheel - 5 x 4.25" bolt pattern, in chrome, from Bill Evanoff at SCP. It was suggested to go with a 245/45R18 size tire.

Vogtland 1" lowering springs will be getting installed on the vehicle somewhat soon as well. With this said, I was wondering if any of you have any other suggestions for a tire size, or should I go with what was suggested. I was also contemplating a 255 size tire all the way around. Does anyone have pics of their vehicles lowered one inch with an 18" wheel on it? If so, what tire size is being ran? I am open to all feedback.

Thank you,
Pierre

I have +24mm 18x9 Black Saleens in the 4.5 bolt pattern. I run Nitto 245/45/18's in the front and 275/40/18's in the rear.

There are more tire choices in the 245/45R18 size, but I'm a fan of the 255/45R18 on these cars to help fill up the big wheelwells. On my 95 which was lowered with Eibachs about 1.5", I had 255/45R18 on 8.5" wheels all around. Some rear fender lip rolling and trimming was needed at that ride height, and I also had Airlift bags in the rear coils with a few psi all the time.

245/45R18 is certainly a good size to use though, a safe fitment and lots of options available which is why Bill E would suggest that size. Going with 255 requires some other mods to make it work.

cheers
Ed

Back