Moon roof instal

A few more pics of the progress , dash was a wiring nightmare .. a dashstrophy so to speak .. it was heavily "modded" from an alarm/remote starter install before I got the car , had to repair or replace a lot of wires , thankfully I have a spare 5L Thunderbird [ thanks to Tom ] in the driveway to pillage parts from including pulling the dash for wires and also to figure out how to get the teal car dash back together properly [ hopefully ].
I changed my mind on all black interior, going with original grey panals with black inserts , seats will be black leather , dash will also be original grey but with black pcs replaced in spots like the right side air vent , the trim strip above the glove compartment and the large cowl above the instrument cluster .

Attachments

• IMG_20190702_180528.jpg
    IMG_20190702_180528.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 339
  • IMG_20190729_210504.jpg
    IMG_20190729_210504.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 310
  • IMG_20190713_154101.jpg
    IMG_20190713_154101.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 318
Thanks Denis ,the engine bay is all painted now the same as the exterior, every time I do something to make it look better , I find something else that looks crappy in comparison so then feel the " need " to do that as well .. gotta stop somewhere, its not supposed to be a garage queen .
Have to make a decision on rims soon , I have a set of Enkie 5 star style but they are in silver, I would rather have black rims on it , so may paint them or look for another aftermarket set , might be good to go up to 17s at the same time for upgrading the brakes down the road.
I will try to get some dash and engine bay pics up .

Great colour Dave! You're turning that bird into a real show car.

Thanks Denis ,the engine bay is all painted now the same as the exterior, every time I do something to make it look better , I find something else that looks crappy in comparison so then feel the " need " to do that as well .. gotta stop somewhere, its not supposed to be a garage queen .
Have to make a decision on rims soon , I have a set of Enkie 5 star style but they are in silver, I would rather have black rims on it , so may paint them or look for another aftermarket set , might be good to go up to 17s at the same time for upgrading the brakes down the road.
I will try to get some dash and engine bay pics up .

I've seen some amazing rims in black chrome. Might look really sharp on your ride with the teal. More pics would be great.

Ya, black chrome does look good but I think I will keep with the exterior trim black satin/semi gloss look .
Here is another pic, not that good, the lighting in the garage is not friendly to take pics.
Still have to clean all the rust proofing/protective oil that is on the engine , cradle is all dusty as well , but I got to say , if more people looked after their cars with proper rust proofing etc like the guy who had this car before me, there would be a lot more MN12's on the road today .

I've seen some amazing rims in black chrome. Might look really sharp on your ride with the teal. More pics would be great.

Attachments

• IMG_20190829_204056.jpg
    IMG_20190829_204056.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 278
Thanks.
No , no progress for a while, some things have gotten in the way ,also have been working on my house, shingling the house and garages roofs , 4500sq ft of roof so a big job , and has to get done before it gets too cold to let them settle.
I need to find some moon roof drain tube replacement material first as well so I can install them before the dash , otherwise installing the tubes at a later date would be a nightmare .
Still hoping to get the car at least to the point it can be driven before the snow comes.. still don't know if the engine is ok yet either , but again , if its not , something much better will go into it .

Any updates or progress? Love the colour btw.

Looking good. I love the sheen!

I had one heck of a time rebuilding my moon roof. I had to combine several moon roofs and at the time the gasket was hard to find.

Thank you .
Good you mentioned the issues , I think I have 3 or 4 roof glasses with their carriers but should bench test them to see if they are working properly and have good seals .

Looking good. I love the sheen!

I had one heck of a time rebuilding my moon roof. I had to combine several moon roofs and at the time the gasket was hard to find.

More done, but not much , dash, steering column , carpet .
Going to change out some of the trim, mainly that black bezel around the instrument cluster , I just found the original in my basement , its mint so its getting swapped in .
I may black out the authentic fake wood grain on the dash trim as well .

Attachments

• IMG_20191116_014544.jpg
    IMG_20191116_014544.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 190
Starting to look more like a car .
Still lots to do but its getting there.

Attachments

• IMG_20200312_201741.jpg
    IMG_20200312_201741.jpg
    581.5 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_20200312_201755.jpg
    IMG_20200312_201755.jpg
    469.4 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_20200312_201816.jpg
    IMG_20200312_201816.jpg
    534.1 KB · Views: 270
Thanks Guys, ya, I have had many colors of Thunderbirds, a few black, midnight blue [ nice ] , light blue , grey , green [ also nice ] , red , but I saw this color years ago on a 93 driving by my old house and that was it ,had to get one , even the white seats were a great match to the teal .. I still have the doors ,back panel trims and rear seat bottom in white just in case I want to switch it later, but I am liking the color combo with the black and grey interior so it will probably stay .
As usual house reno and other bs are holding back the quick finish but it will get done .
Will try to post more when I get a bit further on it .next is the moon roof unit installation .

Thanks, ya I would like to drive it , but with only a couple of hundred hp it will get boring very quickly . really needs some power .. there was a guy on Kijiji selling a Mustang 94-95 5.0 supercharger Vortech bracket set , was going to grab it for an easy install of a vortech down the road but could not get out there to get it before it was sold ... wheels are turning on building a remote [ underneath behind the engine ] turbo set up .. I have a couple of GN turbos that will work perfect for the application but I really should be focusing on getting the 87 twin turbo car back to its original 351TT set up ... also would really like to continue with the 351W TT project I was building for an 89 SC , but with a newer chassis, at least a 94 .. will probably put Waynes old 351W shortblock into that one , but with iron Dart Sr heads , and my not so super secret cam selection of a Ford Motorsport X303 .. on the street the power range on that cam in a 351W is perfect for not ripping the tires off on the launch but with massive excelleration in the mid and top end .

Looking really good Dave. I look forward to seeing the car in its (better than) original glory.
Denis

Thanks Denis, its moving along at a snails pace at the moment... still have to get it appraised and plated as well , I don't know if [ lack of ] Service Ontario is even open yet ? .
Also have to decide about insurance, regular or specialty .

Looking really good Dave. I look forward to seeing the car in its (better than) original glory.
Denis

My boys and I changed one of the Enkei rims from silver metallic gloss to satin black to test how it would look .. thought it would look better and turned out pretty good , still need to get new tires now , probably a bit wider than stock would look a lot better over all.
Car has not settled on the springs yet , was a basket case for many years, most of the heavier weight is now put back in other than the front and back glass , passenger and rear seat .. still odd it sits that high ?.

Attachments

• IMG_20200814_203815.jpg
    IMG_20200814_203815.jpg
    430.5 KB · Views: 121
Back