Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moon roof instal

An easy 1000+hp combo , the big valve 351C heads flowed huge air.
    Are you still going turbos ? .

Quote Originally Posted by jb351 View Post
    I had the block, crank, rods and heads for it for years upon years. Would have been fun but the parts went to a good home and I'm enjoying the challenge of working within the constraints of a v6 to build an equally outlandish amount of horsepower. I had planned on making a long rod clevor with a pair of turbo's on it.

Quote Originally Posted by 351tt View Post
    An easy 1000+hp combo , the big valve 351C heads flowed huge air.
    Are you still going turbos ? .
    Yup. The 4.2 will be turbocharged.

Very cool .. Any pics ? .. if you have them, throw them up .
    When I bought my first SC in I think it was 91 I wanted to turbo it , but had other projects , still would like to do one though , I have a warmed over Buick GN V6 here that may come available in the near future , would be a great swap into an SC chassis .. but at the moment the teal car and the 87 TB V8 twin turbo take priority .

Yup. The 4.2 will be turbocharged.

Very cool .. Any pics ? .. if you have them, throw them up .
    When I bought my first SC in I think it was 91 I wanted to turbo it , but had other projects , still would like to do one though , I have a warmed over Buick GN V6 here that may come available in the near future , would be a great swap into an SC chassis .. but at the moment the teal car and the 87 TB V8 twin turbo take priority .
    I started a thread a couple of weeks back to document my progress. http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthre...d-4-2-Projects Lots of pics in there.

Nice, I of course vote for turbo.. actually two.. even better, two factory GN units , they will spool reasonably well and make upwards of 700hp on a well built engine if that is your target range for power.
    Kenny Duttweiler of monster 7 second GN V6 fame from the 80s and on built a 3.8 for a test engine and used two factory turbos , it made over 700hp on the engine dyno .

I started a thread a couple of weeks back to document my progress. http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthre...d-4-2-Projects Lots of pics in there.

A few more pics of the progress , dash was a wiring nightmare .. a dashstrophy so to speak .. it was heavily "modded" from an alarm/remote starter install before I got the car , had to repair or replace a lot of wires , thankfully I have a spare 5L Thunderbird [ thanks to Tom ] in the driveway to pillage parts from including pulling the dash for wires and also to figure out how to get the teal car dash back together properly [ hopefully ].
    I changed my mind on all black interior, going with original grey panals with black inserts , seats will be black leather , dash will also be original grey but with black pcs replaced in spots like the right side air vent , the trim strip above the glove compartment and the large cowl above the instrument cluster .
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Great colour Dave! You're turning that bird into a real show car. 👍🏾

Thanks Denis ,the engine bay is all painted now the same as the exterior, every time I do something to make it look better , I find something else that looks crappy in comparison so then feel the " need " to do that as well .. gotta stop somewhere, its not supposed to be a garage queen .
    Have to make a decision on rims soon , I have a set of Enkie 5 star style but they are in silver, I would rather have black rims on it , so may paint them or look for another aftermarket set , might be good to go up to 17s at the same time for upgrading the brakes down the road.
    I will try to get some dash and engine bay pics up .

Quote Originally Posted by RedFox View Post
    Great colour Dave! You're turning that bird into a real show car. 👍🏾

Thanks Denis ,the engine bay is all painted now the same as the exterior, every time I do something to make it look better , I find something else that looks crappy in comparison so then feel the " need " to do that as well .. gotta stop somewhere, its not supposed to be a garage queen .
    Have to make a decision on rims soon , I have a set of Enkie 5 star style but they are in silver, I would rather have black rims on it , so may paint them or look for another aftermarket set , might be good to go up to 17s at the same time for upgrading the brakes down the road.
    I will try to get some dash and engine bay pics up .

I've seen some amazing rims in black chrome. Might look really sharp on your ride with the teal. More pics would be great.

Ya, black chrome does look good but I think I will keep with the exterior trim black satin/semi gloss look .
    Here is another pic, not that good, the lighting in the garage is not friendly to take pics.
    Still have to clean all the rust proofing/protective oil that is on the engine , cradle is all dusty as well , but I got to say , if more people looked after their cars with proper rust proofing etc like the guy who had this car before me, there would be a lot more MN12's on the road today .

Quote Originally Posted by RedFox View Post
    I've seen some amazing rims in black chrome. Might look really sharp on your ride with the teal. More pics would be great.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Any updates or progress? Love the colour btw.

Thanks.
    No , no progress for a while, some things have gotten in the way ,also have been working on my house, shingling the house and garages roofs , 4500sq ft of roof so a big job , and has to get done before it gets too cold to let them settle.
    I need to find some moon roof drain tube replacement material first as well so I can install them before the dash , otherwise installing the tubes at a later date would be a nightmare .
    Still hoping to get the car at least to the point it can be driven before the snow comes.. still don't know if the engine is ok yet either , but again , if its not , something much better will go into it .

Any updates or progress? Love the colour btw.

Looking good. I love the sheen!

I had one heck of a time rebuilding my moon roof. I had to combine several moon roofs and at the time the gasket was hard to find.
    J.Miller
    1990 XR7 and 1955 F250!

Thank you .
    Good you mentioned the issues , I think I have 3 or 4 roof glasses with their carriers but should bench test them to see if they are working properly and have good seals .

Quote Originally Posted by J dot Miller View Post
    Looking good. I love the sheen!

I had one heck of a time rebuilding my moon roof. I had to combine several moon roofs and at the time the gasket was hard to find.