Instrument Cluster Lighting

Michael Mattix

SCCoA Member
Ladies and Gents!

Woah it's been a long time since posting (probably), but I didn't see much (current) on the way of possibly going to LED's in the instrument cluster. It looks like replacing the bulb (Ford Manual part number 13466) with LED's "194" will work? There's some talk back in 2012 about making sure there's a resistor on it, but I'm not sure. I have one bulb out and want to replace it, but haven't been to the auto parts stores yet. Not really looking forward to pulling the climate control and doing the same thing soon. Anybody got any info?

Here is SuperBrightLEDS 194's on a bench cluster. They come with a resistor. The amp dash light should be left (new) factory style 194. Need to add another to take care of the dim starting at 60 or so.
Creighton

Attachments

• IMG_6283.JPG
    IMG_6283.JPG
    178.9 KB · Views: 147
That looks pretty good! You said it comes with a resistor...is it built in? Or do you have to jerry rig up something? And you need to add another 194 bulb to help dim at 60 watts? Sorry, I'm a little confused.

That looks pretty good! You said it comes with a resistor...is it built in? Or do you have to jerry rig up something? And you need to add another 194 bulb to help dim at 60 watts? Sorry, I'm a little confused.

He needs to add another bulb because it's dimming beginning at around 60 MPH on his speedo as you should be able to see in the pic.

Thanks! Resistor built in. Direct plug to the factory dash sockets.
Regret confusion. Needs another bulb to better light the 80-120 mph. part of the gauge. Soon to be be Km blacked out 145 mph:).

Current/Amp/heat draw and generated is far less serious with LED's. Attached photo of one in the factory connector. Let me know if need any other information.

Next up will be blacked needles with just red tips. Hate extra light at night.
Creighton

Attachments

• dash_lamp_1.jpg
    dash_lamp_1.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Back