4.2 long block and performance parts

dthompson

I am placing my current engine set up for sale. The engine is still in the car and will be pulled by the middle of March. These parts will be for sale once the motor is out of the car. Pictures of individual items will be added then. These parts are clean and in great condition. I have included overall pictures of the engine bay (taken 2-17-18) to show the overall appearance.

motor for sale 2.jpg

motor for sale 1.jpg

motor for sale 3.jpg

The engine was built by HF Performance in Wilson, NC (a reputable engine builder in eastern NC). It has less than 8,000 miles on it since it was built. This set up made 384whp 471 ftlbs at the 2016 shootout (it may actually be slightly higher now since I have upgraded the valve springs since). The reason for selling this motor is because I am building a v8 for this car.

This engine is from an 89. If you plan on putting it into a late model car, I believe you will need to use the appropriate timing cover and crank sensor.

• Long Block Includes the following: $5000 (shipping/delivery arrangements extra, to be determined)
  • Super Six Motorsports 4.2 rotating assembly: New 4.2 crank, SCAT forged stroker Hbeam rods, ARP rod bolts, 9:1 compression Wiseco forged pistons, rings, pins, and lox
  • Super Six Motorsports Stage 3 Heads: Stage 2+ plus additional intake porting, high polished chambers, 1.88/1.57 stainless steel valves, .54 lift CompCams springs/retainers: 228 CFM intake/189 CFM exhaust. .83 exhaust/intake flow ratio (from their website at time of purchase)
  • Super Six Motorsports Cam: billet hydraulic roller cams: Duration 218/224 Lift .545/.545 Rockers 1.7 LSA 112
  • Comp Cams Valve Springs: Upgraded from the springs that came on the SSM heads. These have ~170lbs of seat pressure and ~390lbs open pressure with this cam.
  • Super Six Motorsports Stud Mount Adjustable Roller Rocker Arm Kit: This kit is the ultimate adjustable roller rocker arm kit for the 3.8 and 4.2 and includes our custom CompCams 1.7 ratio rocker arms, studs, locknuts, guide plates, and shims
  • New Lifters, Pushrods, Bearings, Timing Set, Timing Tensioner, Oil Pump, Water Pump, 180 Degree Thermostat, Oil Pressure Unit, Coolant Temp Unit, Pilot Bearing, and Head Bolt Kit. Rotating Assembly was balanced, Bore and Honed Block, Decked Block, Pin Fit Connecting Rods, Port Matched lower intake manifold, and Surfaced Flywheel
  • Ignition components: New Motorcraft Cam Sensor, new crank sensor, new DIS module.
  • Solid rubber motor mounts
The following items are not included with the long block and will be sold separately:
  • Custom FMIC Tubing $475 shipped ***SOLD***
  • Kooks mid length headers $500.00 shipped ***SOLD***
  • Early model (89-93) bhj balancer $300.00 shipped
    This item new would cost $420
  • fuel injectors deka 80s $200.00 shipped
    This item new would cost $300
  • MPX and inlet, NO pulley $1,300.00 shipped ***SOLD***
  • MP raised top $225.00 shipped ***SOLD***
  • MP 85mm TB $275.00 shipped ***SOLD***
  • MP Springs/tensioners (springs are installed in the modified tensioners) ***TENSIONERS SOLD***
  • MP 10% jackshaft 5% sc pulley $200 shipped ***SOLD***
  • MP 10% crank pulley $225.00 shipped ***SOLD***
  • 3.5 intake $75.00 shipped ***SOLD***
  • Taylor Thundervolt wires $35.00 shipped ***SOLD***
  • Intake Return manifold machined for 2.75” silicone coupler $75 shipped ***SOLD***
  • Alternator Stock Replacement $75 shipped ***SOLD***
  • A9U2 EEC $75 shipped
  • Replacement jack shaft bearing NEW $50 shipped ***SOLD***
  • Accessory brackets $40 each shipped ***PASS SIDE SOLD***
  • Power Steering Pump (not for sale)

Please send me a PM and add a comment to this thread if you would like to purchase any of these items. If you have any questions about me or my car, feel free to ask others on this forum or the facebook group.

Thanks,
Derek

Last edited:
I got the car inspected yesterday, and most of my honey-do's done today. I plan on starting to take things apart tomorrow. some parts will be available to ship as early as monday/tuesday.

Thanks,
Derek

dang it

If you would of posted this 3 weeks early i would bought whole motor of you. I just bought my head's, cams,scorpion rockers, FMIC,Raised Top, MPx and ect. Im looking into piston and rods kit but i have no clue where to start. This would of been perfect for my build.

Last edited:
If you would of posted this 3 weeks early i would bought whole motor of you. I just bought my head's, cams,scorpion rockers, FMIC,Raised Top, MPx and ect. Im looking into piston and rods kit but i have no clue where to start. This would of been perfect for my build.

Thats to bad... what is even worse is that i did mention it in another thread... The Project GFP thread on Feb 7th :)

If there is anything that I can help you with... just let me know.

Last edited:
MP 10% jackshaft 5% sc pulley with springs/tensioners (springs are installed in the modified tensioners)
Keyway in great shape. If you are not familiar with the MP springs. they are a pain to install, and you have to modify the tensioner to fit the larger spring.

15percent kit 01.jpg

15percent kit 02.jpg

15percent kit 03.jpg

MPX. I upgraded to brass fittings instead of the plastic ones that came with it. Abradable coating. The snout ribs have been dremelled to fit the 5% MP SC pulley. I made about 17PSI with at 25% OD with my heads and cam.

mpx 01.jpg

mpx 02.jpg

mpx 03.jpg

mpx 04.jpg

mpx 05.jpg

Package deal

i have a question about a possible package deal on a couple parts. I can't figure out how to send you a PM. (maybe i haven't posted enough on here). The parts i'm interested in are the MPX, the raised top, and the pulleys with the tensioners. if you can message me, that would be great or my email is jmoon4@yahoo.com

Thanks

i have a question about a possible package deal on a couple parts. I can't figure out how to send you a PM. (maybe i haven't posted enough on here). The parts i'm interested in are the MPX, the raised top, and the pulleys with the tensioners. if you can message me, that would be great or my email is jmoon4@yahoo.com

Thanks

Email Sent.

A lot of the piece parts are sold... a few remain and I will relist them here if its easier to read.

Early model (89-93) bhj balancer $300.00 shipped
fuel injectors deka 80s $200.00 shipped
A9U2 EEC $75 shipped

I will consider parting out the long block if people are interested. better descriptions are in the original post. here is how I see it being sold in parts, if you have a different idea, let me know....

Heads, springs, rockers and pushrods sold as a set $2325+plus shipping and 3% paypal fees (new this would cost over $2800)
cam and lifters $450+plus shipping and 3% paypal fees (this would cost $650 new)
short block(everything else) $2500+plus shipping and 3% paypal fees

Thanks,
Derek

Last edited:
Heads, springs, rockers and pushrods sold as a set $2325+plus shipping and 3% paypal fees (new this would cost over $2800)
cam and lifters $450+plus shipping and 3% paypal fees (this would cost $650 new)
short block(everything else) $2500+plus shipping and 3% paypal fees

Thanks,
Derek

BUMP

Anyone interested in heads or shortblock? Im willing to part out this motor if someone is interested in one of those two things. Open to reasonable offers.

Thanks,
Derek

Back