New EEC IV Computer

EddieStrom

Hi

I Have a 90 Thunderbird sc with a Manual trans and i have come to the conclusion that i need a new computer.
The Id # on my old Computer is F0PF-12A650-ALA whitch i believe is an replacement computer from Ford.
I found this list http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46067 and tried to find the right computer, but my car does not have EGR but all the 1990 manuals on that list have. Does anyone know which i should try to get?

Eddie

Hi

I Have a 90 Thunderbird sc with a Manual trans and i have come to the conclusion that i need a new computer.
The Id # on my old Computer is F0PF-12A650-ALA whitch i believe is an replacement computer from Ford.
I found this list http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46067 and tried to find the right computer, but my car does not have EGR but all the 1990 manuals on that list have. Does anyone know which i should try to get?

Eddie

Any 89-90 EEC from either an auto or 5spd will work. If you do not have EGR anymore, then you can either use the C0S auto computer, plug and play, or you can use any other 89-90 EEC but just leave the EGR sensor plugged in. This will prevent an EGR code and/or CEL. Another option is to get a chip that deletes the EGR from programming, but for a stock SC, unless you are also planning to change the thermostat and need the fan settings updated, there is no real performance difference (just saying don't expect a chip to be a performance mod for a stock SC) and the added expense for the chip is not the most efficient use of funds.

ok thanks
it looks like it didnt come with an EGR from the factory so i dont have the sensor to plug in
All 89-90 5spd SC's had EGR, and all 89-90 SC's (auto and 5spd) have the plug in for EGR. So if you want you can always plug in a sensor. I'm sure someone on here would be happy to give you their old one since most have deleted it.

well there is no place in the exhaust manifolds for any EGR tube, and it has something that looks like an Stock blocking plate on the intake. but someone might have deleted it earlier in its life.

Back