Exhaust questions

bt04250

So I know these cars are to restricted from the factory. I have a 95 5 speed, 10% jackshaft pulley, 75mm throttle bossy, 255 walbro pump on car currently. Soon to be installing 42lb injectors, 76mm mass air and a cold air. Engine has also been studded. What should I do exhaust wise. Trying to keep it quite. Kinda like not being heard. Let me know any ideas or opinions. Thanks Brian.

The single 2.25" pipe through the middle of the 95 exhaust with the tiny resonator is the biggest problem. Have an exhaust shop cut the front pipes (2" I believe) just before they go into the resonator. Splice in a dual inlet, single outlet resonator with a 3" outlet to the factory down pipes. Run 3" pipe through middle then split back to dual 2.25" where the factor setup does. Could even reuse the factory mufflers if you really wanted. Make sure the shop doesn't duplicate the double 90's going in to the mufflers. With a little skill, they can angle them from the split back so it's not 2 90s.

It's a tight fit, but I used one of these as my resonator years ago. https://www.flowmastermufflers.com/street-mufflers/524553-super-50-muffler-225-dual-in-300-center-out-mild-sound/

So I know these cars are to restricted from the factory. I have a 95 5 speed, 10% jackshaft pulley, 75mm throttle bossy, 255 walbro pump on car currently. Soon to be installing 42lb injectors, 76mm mass air and a cold air. Engine has also been studded. What should I do exhaust wise. Trying to keep it quite. Kinda like not being heard. Let me know any ideas or opinions. Thanks Brian.

Are you retaining the stock cats ? Reason I ask is they are also restrictive and will muffle some sound as well. Usually the better flowing exhaust systems will also have some rumble.
Quiet and free flowing is a trick in itself. Our cars have a limited space for exhaust anyway so whatever path you choose make sure it fits before you buy it.

My current thoughts were to delete the cats and resonator. I did plan to put some resonator back in but maybe leave stock mufflers. I have a piped diesel I drive all winter, kinda nice to have a stealth vehicle during the summer. I know quiet is hard when talking free flowing. I guess I just want to help it out where I can but not go full race.

Back