Thread: Window Trim - Interchangeability/Differences

Window Trim - Interchangeability/Differences

Hey everybody,

I need to get the upper and lower window trim replaced on my 93 SC and I was wondering the following:
    Is that trim the same for regular Thunderbirds (I vaguely remember something about felt vs non-felt)
    What other years work?
    Are there other cars that used the same trim?

Quote Originally Posted by smms25 View Post
    Hey everybody,

I need to get the upper and lower window trim replaced on my 93 SC and I was wondering the following:
    Is that trim the same for regular Thunderbirds (I vaguely remember something about felt vs non-felt)
    What other years work?
    Are there other cars that used the same trim?
    OK, so which windows are you referring to? The cross windshield upper trim is the same for LX,SC and for 89-93 at least. Same for the back glass upper+lower. The door window seal has a felt face that allows the window to slide over the seal. Should be the same as all regular tbirds. If you have a sunroof, that seal is really difficult to find now, but it is/was available in a felted and unfelted.. you want felted for the same reason as the door windows, but you can probably live with the plain rubber if nothing else is available.

All of the window trim is the same but very difficult to find especially the rear lower. Most of the guys I have seen repair them have done it with plastidip or molding and trim paint.

David
    member #2488
    2016 shootout Best of show award
    2015 Carlisle Best of show modified, 1st place 92 93 SC and Celebrity's choice award winner.
    2014 Shootout Best of show 1st award winner
    2014 Comp cams VIP Car craft street machine nationals
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage.p...e_view&id=7152

I was referring to the front and rear windshields. Thanks for the advice guys.

The rear window seal changed for 1993 or 1994; the newer ones seem to be more reliable and durable.

However, they all fit the exact same; I'd take newer trim and paint it to match unless I was doing a numbers-matching resto.

RwP

Good info on here. We'll be working on a '91 LX right after we finished installing the new rack and tonneau covers for kayak mount on the truck. We'll needing a cross windshield upper trim, good to know '93s will fit just

I just strip the vinyl off the aluminum trim, scuff it with a green scotch bright pad and use the bumper/trim paint from Duplicolor. It's fast, cheap and lasts plus it looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by fstcoup View Post
    I just strip the vinyl off the aluminum trim, scuff it with a green scotch bright pad and use the bumper/trim paint from Duplicolor. It's fast, cheap and lasts plus it looks great.
    I need to do this!!! Both rear upper and lower doesn't have any black paint on them anymore!!!

thread revised
    Tom Downs-member#2752
    MPX'd 90 SC Auto~bought Feb. 2012
    RIP MOM!!! I will always miss and think about you 4Ever! 1940-2018
    RIP Rexy boy!!!! Miss my dog 2006-2018
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=424