Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dry run for The Epic Drive (kinda)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt K View Post
    You have an active imagination
    I have been told that before sir! LOL
    Venetian Blue 1995 5 Spd...............No ET
    Orange Crush Pearl 1995 Auto SC........11.175 @ 121.85 MPH
    462.54 rwhp, 461.42 tq
    Garage:http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v..._vehicle&id=13

I've put about 500 miles on my junk in preparation for the epic drive. So far I've managed to fix about 20 things that I should have fixed years ago! The best thing I did was convert to a mini Cooper bypass valve! The car starts/runs/idles 10x better and picked up 2/3psi of boost! I also did new shocks new struts new strut plates new spring isolators new rear knuckle bushings new tires fresh alignment, Lincoln Lca's New dis New ignition switch new ac compressor and seal kit. I am really starting to enjoy the car again! Mpg is back into the realm of sanity! I went from 12.9mpg avg to 16.4mpg one tank (alot of spirited driving) and 18.3mpg on another tank where I was a little more sensible. I even put the wiper motor and wipers back on

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob_Royer View Post
    I've put about 500 miles on my junk in preparation for the epic drive. So far I've managed to fix about 20 things that I should have fixed years ago! The best thing I did was convert to a mini Cooper bypass valve! The car starts/runs/idles 10x better and picked up 2/3psi of boost! I also did new shocks new struts new strut plates new spring isolators new rear knuckle bushings new tires fresh alignment, Lincoln Lca's New dis New ignition switch new ac compressor and seal kit. I am really starting to enjoy the car again! Mpg is back into the realm of sanity! I went from 12.9mpg avg to 16.4mpg one tank (alot of spirited driving) and 18.3mpg on another tank where I was a little more sensible. I even put the wiper motor and wipers back on
    I'll probably look into a Mini Cooper bypass valve after the drive, since the operation of mine has always been a little weird.
    Kurt K (e-mail)
    SCCoA Member #: 443
    '92 SC AOD -- 11.521s @ 116.748mph, 2.0 AR power
    . . . . . . . . . -- 13.547s @ 101.01 mph, only w/ bolt-ons
    '95 SC 5spd -- All Stock, except 17" Simmons wheels.
    '90 SC 35th Anny 5spd -- 3rd owner, 16k miles
    2 '89 XR7 5spd's -- on their way out, really!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt K View Post
    I'll probably look into a Mini Cooper bypass valve after the drive, since the operation of mine has always been a little weird.
    Kurt the difference in the car is night and day! It's stupid simple you don't even hookup a vacuum line. Part throttle it's much easier to stay out of boost. It's a little rigged up at the moment I fab'd up a flange out of junk in the garage. After the epic drive I am going to weld a flange to the return and simplify things even more. You need to check out my fmic setup. We improved on it quite a bit with the whipple install! I think you would benefit from it greatly! I have no problem whatsoever running the ac with an oem radiator. Acts are super low! Typically 8/10f above ambient when you are beating on it. Also it recovers quickly from hard pulls. I have no problem hot lapping the car at the track