Dry run for The Epic Drive (kinda)

Kurt K

SCCoA Member
Really the 2nd drive of the year, but this one was further (about 12 miles :)) Still running a bit of gas out of the car so I can attempt to find and fix my fuel tank leak that keeps me from topping off the tank.
EpicDrive-1.jpg

Lookin good. I thought about bringing my kid... we'll see.

But she is scheduled for the power tour with me.:cool:

Lookin good. I thought about bringing my kid... we'll see.

But she is scheduled for the power tour with me.:cool:
I have thought about the Power Tour and I figure this will be a good test. My biggest concern with the Power Tour is time walking around the show field, I know the drive time will be fine.

I have thought about the Power Tour and I figure this will be a good test. My biggest concern with the Power Tour is time walking around the show field, I know the drive time will be fine.

So power tour is a maybe at this point?

Car looks great also!

-Tim

If we didn't know you had a child that age and that looked like that, that picture would be a little freaky! With some strange child peaking out of the window! LOL Is it a ghost or some random kid you kidnapped and is trying to escape! LOL

If we didn't know you had a child that age and that looked like that, that picture would be a little freaky! With some strange child peaking out of the window! LOL Is it a ghost or some random kid you kidnapped and is trying to escape! LOL
You have an active imagination :)

I've put about 500 miles on my junk in preparation for the epic drive. So far I've managed to fix about 20 things that I should have fixed years ago! The best thing I did was convert to a mini Cooper bypass valve! The car starts/runs/idles 10x better and picked up 2/3psi of boost! I also did new shocks new struts new strut plates new spring isolators new rear knuckle bushings new tires fresh alignment, Lincoln Lca's New dis New ignition switch new ac compressor and seal kit. I am really starting to enjoy the car again! Mpg is back into the realm of sanity! I went from 12.9mpg avg to 16.4mpg one tank (alot of spirited driving) and 18.3mpg on another tank where I was a little more sensible. I even put the wiper motor and wipers back on :)

I've put about 500 miles on my junk in preparation for the epic drive. So far I've managed to fix about 20 things that I should have fixed years ago! The best thing I did was convert to a mini Cooper bypass valve! The car starts/runs/idles 10x better and picked up 2/3psi of boost! I also did new shocks new struts new strut plates new spring isolators new rear knuckle bushings new tires fresh alignment, Lincoln Lca's New dis New ignition switch new ac compressor and seal kit. I am really starting to enjoy the car again! Mpg is back into the realm of sanity! I went from 12.9mpg avg to 16.4mpg one tank (alot of spirited driving) and 18.3mpg on another tank where I was a little more sensible. I even put the wiper motor and wipers back on :)

I'll probably look into a Mini Cooper bypass valve after the drive, since the operation of mine has always been a little weird.

I'll probably look into a Mini Cooper bypass valve after the drive, since the operation of mine has always been a little weird.

Kurt the difference in the car is night and day! It's stupid simple you don't even hookup a vacuum line. Part throttle it's much easier to stay out of boost. It's a little rigged up at the moment I fab'd up a flange out of junk in the garage. After the epic drive I am going to weld a flange to the return and simplify things even more. You need to check out my fmic setup. We improved on it quite a bit with the whipple install! I think you would benefit from it greatly! I have no problem whatsoever running the ac with an oem radiator. Acts are super low! Typically 8/10f above ambient when you are beating on it. Also it recovers quickly from hard pulls. I have no problem hot lapping the car at the track

Back