89 Cougar XR7 Original Owner

89Blackcat

Looking for a new home for my 89 Cougar XR7. Originally purchased in Spring of 1989 from Eastway Lincoln Mercury in Webster NY. Car is in very good shape with 79600 miles on the clock. First order of business after purchase was Ziebart rustproofing. Barely driven last few years since my wife purchased her Caddy CTS Coupe. Just sits in garage sadly dreaming bout its past days of glory.One of 2225 built in 1989. Never driven in winter,no rust and comes with 3 year old California Car cover. Auto x-mission(wife can't drive standard) & 3.27 Trak Lok. Has had newer Tokico Struts,plug change and x-mission fluid change. Newest parts include: re cored radiator,new water pump, new hoses and belts. New alternator & battery.Mobil 1 oil change every 4-6000 miles. Only non stock items are K&N Filter with Hypertech chip. Still runs like a scalded dog. Has all the usual options except leather & moon roof. Interior is like new with no rips or cracks. Original paint showing its age, but hey it is 29 years old! Would not take much effort to bring it back to 1989. Would make a great classic and rare show car. Asking $3950.

Attachments

• IMG_1233.JPG
    IMG_1233.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 779
  • IMG_1232.JPG
    IMG_1232.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 771
  • IMG_1231.JPG
    IMG_1231.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 765
Would love to take that off your hands. Absolutely love the Xr7 in Black. Alas, already have a red one sitting in the garage and no where to put a second one. Although My wife would definitely leave me if I bought this so that would free up a spot in the garage....

Xr7

Would love to take that off your hands. Absolutely love the Xr7 in Black. Alas, already have a red one sitting in the garage and no where to put a second one. Although My wife would definitely leave me if I bought this so that would free up a spot in the garage....

LOL I hear you. I just retired, so I am trying to purge some of my cars.(got 7) Wife says if I bring home anymore "I'm calling the sheriff."

As much as I’d love to pull the trigger on this I just don’t have the garage space and I couldn’t lit it sit outside. I think the price is a steal. Cougarluv is next in line - go get that car buddy.

89 cougar

Looking for a new home for my 89 Cougar XR7. Originally purchased in Spring of 1989 from Eastway Lincoln Mercury in Webster NY. Car is in very good shape with 79600 miles on the clock. First order of business after purchase was Ziebart rustproofing. Barely driven last few years since my wife purchased her Caddy CTS Coupe. Just sits in garage sadly dreaming bout its past days of glory.One of 2225 built in 1989. Never driven in winter,no rust and comes with 3 year old California Car cover. Auto x-mission(wife can't drive standard) & 3.27 Trak Lok. Has had newer Tokico Struts,plug change and x-mission fluid change. Newest parts include: re cored radiator,new water pump, new hoses and belts. New alternator & battery.Mobil 1 oil change every 4-6000 miles. Only non stock items are K&N Filter with Hypertech chip. Still runs like a scalded dog. Has all the usual options except leather & moon roof. Interior is like new with no rips or cracks. Original paint showing its age, but hey it is 29 years old! Would not take much effort to bring it back to 1989. Would make a great classic and rare show car. Asking $3950.

good question is the cougar still for sale, same area my 94 sc came from and i drive by there all the time.

Back