PURCHASED - 1990 auto Supercoupe on local Craigslist for sale

I had serious doubts when I first saw the listing with the screen shots of screenshots for the sale. I have a feeling we would all hate you if you said what you paid for it. Such a straight body, clean interior and great looking dash too. Hopefully you get the running issue figured out soon so you can enjoy it!

Little by little looking better, still having trouble finding the pesky running issue, although it runs pretty decent with the mafs unplugged. Sooner or later I'll figure it out..............I hope..:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 2222.jpg
    2222.jpg
    456.7 KB · Views: 312
The new car Looks Good,

Glad to see you still got the black car. I was running the Midas by your house for a while. I wondered if you still had it.

Very good looking car. My first T-bird was a 89 silver car. Love that color. You sure find nice deals Keith

After a lot of trial/error with parts changing, mostly parts that I had lying around, trying to figure why it would run decent with the mafs unplugged but crappy with it plugged in I think I finally figured it out. After none of that helped I finally thought that it could be an issue in the ecm so I sourced out another one, the one I removed was a reman unit, and it seemed to work except I had a cel light, code 66. After searching on this site about that code I started checking for vacuum leaks and the first place I looked I found a leak, the crosstube connection was split where it plugs into the intake tube. Repaired it with some black rvt silicone sealant and let it dry. Connected everything up this morning, cel light is gone and it seems to be running/idling just fine with the mafs plugged in............:D:D Now I can finally move on to fixing a few other small odds and ends. Who says persistence doesn't pay off or at least trial and error.............:rolleyes:

After a lot of trial/error with parts changing, mostly parts that I had lying around, trying to figure why it would run decent with the mafs unplugged but crappy with it plugged in I think I finally figured it out. After none of that helped I finally thought that it could be an issue in the ecm so I sourced out another one, the one I removed was a reman unit, and it seemed to work except I had a cel light, code 66. After searching on this site about that code I started checking for vacuum leaks and the first place I looked I found a leak, the crosstube connection was split where it plugs into the intake tube. Repaired it with some black rvt silicone sealant and let it dry. Connected everything up this morning, cel light is gone and it seems to be running/idling just fine with the mafs plugged in............:D:D Now I can finally move on to fixing a few other small odds and ends. Who says persistence doesn't pay off or at least trial and error.............:rolleyes:

You still have this car Keith?

Back