FS: 1993 Ford Thunderbird LX - Sadly at it's end.

MaddMartigan93

My 1993 Ford Thunderbird met it's demise at the track on Sunday 5/5/18. I took a full on side hit while waiting to run from one of the other cars.

The body is a total loss but the drive train is solid and the car does run and drive. I'm running a Coast High Performance 347 stroker with 10.5:1 CR, Trick Flow heads, cam, intake, etc. It was converted to a M5R2 over the winter and I have as many of the goodies as I can have for that too. I've done virtually every reasonable suspension upgrade that I could do including MK8 LCAs, delrin, UHMW and poly bushings everywhere possible. I even have the now unavailable Turbo Chuck poly motor mounts. There are a lot of parts on this car that would make you a great track car for things like road racing, autocross, etc.

I'm not looking to part it out yet or give it away since a running/driving car would give the buyer some assurance that the drive train is in good working order. I'll also give you a better deal for the whole package versus what I'm going to get if I part it out.

Drop me message if you're interested and we can talk about it.

img_20180506_141146_1.jpg

Last edited:
Saw your post on Facebook....really sucks :( Glad no one was hurt!! I assume the other driver was okay too? Your attitude towards the situation is admirable and refreshing.

I shouldn't even say anything related to acquiring your car...I don't have time to fix my own! lol Still have work to do for other members too!

Are there any parts you might like to hang onto to discuss a price for whatever is left? For example, the wheels and tires (although I do like them). I have a 66 Mustang Fastback that might like that motor and my 89 SC and my wife's 93 SC could benefit from many of the parts and/or selling of parts. I'm most interested in the drivetrain, suspension, engine/wiring/computer.

Saw your post on Facebook....really sucks :( Glad no one was hurt!! I assume the other driver was okay too? Your attitude towards the situation is admirable and refreshing.

I shouldn't even say anything related to acquiring your car...I don't have time to fix my own! lol Still have work to do for other members too!

Are there any parts you might like to hang onto to discuss a price for whatever is left? For example, the wheels and tires (although I do like them). I have a 66 Mustang Fastback that might like that motor and my 89 SC and my wife's 93 SC could benefit from many of the parts and/or selling of parts. I'm most interested in the drivetrain, suspension, engine/wiring/computer.

Yeah, everyone was OK. That was the most important part by far.

If I decide to part it out I'll definitely post it here since there are so many people that can benefit from it. Right now I'm focused on selling the running car since another MN12 owner would really benefit from transplanting this drive train and suspension into their car.

Back