Where on earth is this sunroof drain line?

Roboplex

We've been getting TONS of rain down here in Florida, and my sunroof has done a great job of ringing in summer by leaking all over my car. Specifically from the front driver side of the sunroof, giving me a nice afternoon shower on my way home from school. I've narrowed it down to a clogged drain line, but I can't find the hose for the life of me! I tried compressed air from the top, no dice. I want to try blasting it from the other end of the hose, but it's nowhere to be seen! I pulled the plastic fender liner, looked under the rocker panel, everywhere. It has a SLOW drip when I try pouring water in, but it drips from the pinch welds where I'd usually put a jack. Is there anything I'm missing? It honestly looks like Ford just forgot to put the lines in, but I know that can't be the case XD. I'd really love some pictures if you have them of what it's supposed to look like.

Thanks,
Joe B.

Click on the first link under this post for similar threads look for sunroof drain lines , just below this post , this will show you where they're at.

To get access to the drains Tilt the sunroof up then look for the three phillips head screws on each side that hold the glass in, remove the screws and note the position as they locate the height of the glass when reinstalled. Once the glass is removed you will have easy access to the front drains.

Last edited:
As noted, first reference link below.

Fronts exit inside the wheel wells, rears inside the GFX in front of the rear wheels.

Caution using compressed air...too much and you risk blowing the line off inside the roof if it's truly plugged down below. If you blow from the exit, be ready for trash to be sprayed inside the car :(

In some cases, even with a clear line, the fronts can get overwhelmed and you'll get spillage when you take off.
I've read all the other sunroof posts, and honestly I'm still downright puzzled. I've spent the better part of 5 hours trying to find this darn drain, but I can't find it for anything. From what I understand, there's supposed to be a blue tube running down the A-Pillar that just hangs down into the wheel well behind the fender liner. I removed and looked behind the fender liner, loosened the rocker panel so I could reach my hand behind where the door hinge is, and I couldn't find anything. Like I said it seems to drip from the pinch welds, but I can't for the life of me find the source.

Back