2018 SC Shootout registration is open!

Just and observation. Wouldn't it be cool if the shootout website INTRODUCTION actually stated where the shootout take place?

Introduction only states what the shootout is about. The links next to it take you to the hotel and event location

Ken

10 Kegs = Duane with no SC at the Shootout again. :p

That's okay Jim, it's starting to look more and more like I may not be able to make it. At least with the car anyway. I'm afraid I just can't make the drive anymore. In fact I am constantly being reminded that I had a hard time getting home from the Epic Drive. So I don't know. I haven't started looking into flights yet; fly in and rent something race worthy maybe. But it's a shame to go and not put the car on the dyno. Especially after not getting the tune right a couple of years ago and not making it last year when it was.

Maybe I'll find a dyno around here somewhere, throw down the challenge and just sit back, drink beer and watch everyone fail. i don't know.......

Ok by popular demand (from a few people) I will be attending the Shootout. I just registered. Need to reserve room now.

Last edited:
That's okay Jim, it's starting to look more and more like I may not be able to make it. At least with the car anyway. I'm afraid I just can't make the drive anymore. In fact I am constantly being reminded that I had a hard time getting home from the Epic Drive. So I don't know. I haven't started looking into flights yet; fly in and rent something race worthy maybe. But it's a shame to go and not put the car on the dyno. Especially after not getting the tune right a couple of years ago and not making it last year when it was.

Maybe I'll find a dyno around here somewhere, throw down the challenge and just sit back, drink beer and watch everyone fail. i don't know.......

So trailer it like a real race car. :-O

So trailer it like a real race car. :-O

Don't I wish I could. But no, that isn't the problem. Even though the car is cursed with god like power and abilities, I am afraid the driver no longer is. The car has the street manners of something right out of the factory so it doesn't have to be towed, but as much as I would like to tow the car anyway, I don't have the means of putting something together that isn't cost prohibitive. Of course then I still have that little problem of being able to make the drive.

Anyway, I have registered at the hotel because it can't hurt, and negotiations with the head of the company continue. After all, one never knows.

Well this sucks--I have to cancel. Earlier this year I bought tickets to the NASCAR roval race at Charlotte, and it turns out it's the same weekend as the Shootout. This'll be the first Shootout I've missed since I started going in 2006.

If anyone needs a room at the host hotel, I just canceled my reservation.

u-haul does rent

Don't I wish I could. But no, that isn't the problem. Even though the car is cursed with god like power and abilities, I am afraid the driver no longer is. The car has the street manners of something right out of the factory so it doesn't have to be towed, but as much as I would like to tow the car anyway, I don't have the means of putting something together that isn't cost prohibitive. Of course then I still have that little problem of being able to make the drive.

Anyway, I have registered at the hotel because it can't hurt, and negotiations with the head of the company continue. After all, one never knows.

you can always get a truck and trailer from them for the weekend...lol just busting you a bit....Rich

My truck got hit hard Saturday crossing an intersection. So hard it bent the frame! So I am just going to man up and drive my ~~~~. I may skip nitrous this year to be half responsible but who knows maybe I will just turn the knob and send it!

if you blow it up

My truck got hit hard Saturday crossing an intersection. So hard it bent the frame! So I am just going to man up and drive my ~~~~. I may skip nitrous this year to be half responsible but who knows maybe I will just turn the knob and send it!

If you do that we will get you home....Rich

Back