Shootout

kenewagner

Not seeing much on who's going or what everyone has left to do to get ready. So who is going to be there and what is left to be done to be ready? My car is slowly getting together. New injectors are in for the E85 I have to finish wiring in the two step. Finish a custom installation of a new transmision cooler, new plug wires and a few misc and it will be ready for the August 31 date with the dream crusher and Dave for a tune. Have a room reserved and hope to spank a white SC in the elite class.

Ken

I need to wash mine and it will be ready lol I seriosouly need to go back to the track since I changed bypass valves I ran an 11.36 earlier this year I think I can knock off a high 10 with it fixed I went from 17 to 20 psi

Not seeing much on who's going or what everyone has left to do to get ready. So who is going to be there and what is left to be done to be ready? My car is slowly getting together. New injectors are in for the E85 I have to finish wiring in the two step. Finish a custom installation of a new transmision cooler, new plug wires and a few misc and it will be ready for the August 31 date with the dream crusher and Dave for a tune. Have a room reserved and hope to spank a white SC in the elite class.

Ken

Ken,

It's good to have a dream...and I look forward to seeing you and your car this year.

David

PS: My car is ready to go except for some cosmetic stuff and I've got a new torque converter that could make it quicker, or could make it slower.

Where to begin... Lol. Still need to finish hot side, cold side, oil drain into the pan, finish the top end of the motor, finish the wiring, build a new exhaust, fuel lines, and tuning. Lol not sure I can get all that done in time.

Last edited:
Actually, I'm good to go. I haven't touched the car since the Epic Drive other than to wipe down the car and wash the bugs off the nose. Debating whether or not to actually buy a set of slicks for the track. You would think I would get a set because there's a track 15 minutes from the house, but the damn place isn't using NHRA rules and anything that I would need to run 11.49 this place requires at 11.99. So I've stayed away. I refuse to just not try and run 12's all the time.

So I don't know if it pays to buy tires just for the shoot out. Otherwise I just keep forgetting to register.

IMG_1037.JPG

My stuff is basically Ready. I need to get some seat time. I'm looking to get in on a Private rental or two somewhere. Need to try and get the suspension and the tunes sorted out. Planning on being at the Shootout with my new setup. Plan on running Outlaw as I have in the past.

View attachment 68610

My stuff is basically Ready. I need to get some seat time. I'm looking to get in on a Private rental or two somewhere. Need to try and get the suspension and the tunes sorted out. Planning on being at the Shootout with my new setup. Plan on running Outlaw as I have in the past.

Is that a new paint job we see?? Looking good.

No Ira, that's the original 23 year old paint. Except for the hood, that paint is only 15 years old. Most of the rest of the car has been changed over the 5-6 year hiatus since I had it out last. So the seat time is badly needed.

got hooked up today

Got rooms for both Scott and myself this morning... Now all we got to do is work on what we will be bringing this year... Rich

Ken,

Tighter, I switched the old Dirtydog 3500-3800 non locker for a Precision 3000 stall non locker. Not nearly as sloppy feeling and should be easier to launch at the track without spinning.

David

If Dave can get my car tuned finally I hope to have the HP to run with you in the Elite class. But like you I wont have any experence in the seat with the new setup so a lot to learn

Ken

I'm finishing the timing....system....job on our Navigator right now (it's been down since November :rolleyes:) The SC hasn't gotten much attention, but needs a little bit trouble shooting to get it to run just right at WOT. Last I drove it, it would still cut out at WOT...feels like a spark issue.

I also need to check/adjust the hot valve lash. I've not been driving it much at all until that is done. I think I've put about 100miles on the new motor since I got it running last fall.

I did get the fuel leak fixed, I think.

We're moving to our new house over the next month, so the SC might not get much attention until we are moved and most of the other vehicles have been fixed. :( I've been driving Danielle's anniversary to work for the last couple of weeks and it's really got me missing mine!!

I just bought another house. So after closing I will be moving then juggling two house payments until the old place sells while still working crazy ot and trying to do some work on both houses lol. So hopefully the old house sells quickly so I get that off my plate. I really don't have alot to do to the SC. I'd like to do some tuning at the track but may just have to wing it on shootout day lol

I am registered and booked and have vacation time for it. I just really need to do some work on the car it's been drove 2/3 times since the epic drive do to me being so damn busy. I need to do some work on the tune becuase it's a bit on the rich side since fixing the bypass valve. And I'd still like to find a 10% js pulley. Since I ran an 11.360 back in the spring I did a complete suspension rebuild new knuckle bushings and Lincoln Lca's also new wheel bearings and fixed the non working bypass valve. I think that stuff alone will drop the et a little bit. How much?? Who knows...

Back