Thread: Differential Bushings

Differential Bushings

One of my two front mounts is shot. What does everyone like using? Or are their even options? Was thinking their may be a urethane option people like, perhaps a solid, or is everyone just use the stock rubber type? Curious to hear some feedback. Likes...Dislikes

I've got a set of Energy Suspension poly mounts in mine; Bill at SuperCoupePerformance has some and some solid ones.

It rather depends on a) what you're doing with your car, and b) are you willing to also upgrade the rear mount? (I'd not put solid in front and leave the original rubber in the back, for instance.)

RwP

Quote Originally Posted by RalphP View Post
    I've got a set of Energy Suspension poly mounts in mine; Bill at SuperCoupePerformance has some and some solid ones.

It rather depends on a) what you're doing with your car, and b) are you willing to also upgrade the rear mount? (I'd not put solid in front and leave the original rubber in the back, for instance.)

RwP
    Itís just a driver but would like longevity, and also I donít mind changing whatever mounts as long as itís correct and will last. No problem with extra work, itís all done on a car lift so no extra skin off my back hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by JoePolo View Post
    Itís just a driver but would like longevity, and also I donít mind changing whatever mounts as long as itís correct and will last. No problem with extra work, itís all done on a car lift so no extra skin off my back hahaha
    Then I'd use the ES poly bushings. Those, or Prothane. (Again, Bill at SuperCoupePerformance.COM and probably Victor at SpinningWheels-SC.COM will have some; may want to order from them and support our vendors.)

RwP

Quote Originally Posted by RalphP View Post
    Then I'd use the ES poly bushings. Those, or Prothane. (Again, Bill at SuperCoupePerformance.COM and probably Victor at SpinningWheels-SC.COM will have some; may want to order from them and support our vendors.)

RwP
    For sure thatís the only way I would do it. Thanks for the advice

The poly bushing should be fine for street use for a mostly factory SC...especially automatic. I've smashed a couple of sets with my modified 5-speed (likely from drag racing and/or wheel hopping).

I'm not aware of new aftermarket replacement rubber bushings though.
    Matt Haub
    Shootouts: '09 SS 1st | '10 Mod1 2nd | '11 Bracket 3rd | '12 Bracket 1st | 2013 | '14 Bracket 3rd | 2015 | '16 Bracket 1st & Mod2 2nd | 2017 |
    Black '89 5spd - 281K miles, MPx, E85, Alky-Inj ¶ RWHP: ? RWTQ: ? ¶ Best 1/4mi:12.521, MPH:107.23mph
    35th Anniversary Auto 46k miles | Red '93 Auto 186k miles
    My Garage