Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Differential Bushings

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    29

    Differential Bushings

    One of my two front mounts is shot. What does everyone like using? Or are their even options? Was thinking their may be a urethane option people like, perhaps a solid, or is everyone just use the stock rubber type? Curious to hear some feedback. Likes...Dislikes

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bossier City, LA
    Posts
    2,204
    I've got a set of Energy Suspension poly mounts in mine; Bill at SuperCoupePerformance has some and some solid ones.

    It rather depends on a) what you're doing with your car, and b) are you willing to also upgrade the rear mount? (I'd not put solid in front and leave the original rubber in the back, for instance.)

    RwP

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphP View Post
    I've got a set of Energy Suspension poly mounts in mine; Bill at SuperCoupePerformance has some and some solid ones.

    It rather depends on a) what you're doing with your car, and b) are you willing to also upgrade the rear mount? (I'd not put solid in front and leave the original rubber in the back, for instance.)

    RwP
    Itís just a driver but would like longevity, and also I donít mind changing whatever mounts as long as itís correct and will last. No problem with extra work, itís all done on a car lift so no extra skin off my back hahaha

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bossier City, LA
    Posts
    2,204
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePolo View Post
    Itís just a driver but would like longevity, and also I donít mind changing whatever mounts as long as itís correct and will last. No problem with extra work, itís all done on a car lift so no extra skin off my back hahaha
    Then I'd use the ES poly bushings. Those, or Prothane. (Again, Bill at SuperCoupePerformance.COM and probably Victor at SpinningWheels-SC.COM will have some; may want to order from them and support our vendors.)

    RwP

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphP View Post
    Then I'd use the ES poly bushings. Those, or Prothane. (Again, Bill at SuperCoupePerformance.COM and probably Victor at SpinningWheels-SC.COM will have some; may want to order from them and support our vendors.)

    RwP
    For sure thatís the only way I would do it. Thanks for the advice

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Greenville, IN
    Posts
    4,314
    The poly bushing should be fine for street use for a mostly factory SC...especially automatic. I've smashed a couple of sets with my modified 5-speed (likely from drag racing and/or wheel hopping).

    I'm not aware of new aftermarket replacement rubber bushings though.
    Matt Haub
    Shootouts: '09 SS 1st | '10 Mod1 2nd | '11 Bracket 3rd | '12 Bracket 1st | 2013 | '14 Bracket 3rd | 2015 | '16 Bracket 1st & Mod2 2nd | 2017 |
    Black '89 5spd - 281K miles, MPx, E85, Alky-Inj ¶ RWHP: ? RWTQ: ? ¶ Best 1/4mi:12.521, MPH:107.23mph
    35th Anniversary Auto 46k miles | Red '93 Auto 186k miles
    My Garage

Similar Threads

  1. Differential bushings?
    By quick35th in forum Technical Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-13-2004, 08:19 PM
  2. Rear Differential Bushings
    By cstemm in forum Technical Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-13-2004, 06:39 PM
  3. New Differential Bushings Back in Stock
    By Rich Thomson in forum Technical Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-26-2003, 02:56 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-15-2002, 01:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •