Cruise Control issue - F-100/SC

Thanks Ken,

I am back to the weekly grind, and the forum was down when I went to the shop tonight after work.

Did not find any interruptions in the wiring. Have not seen the Speed Control Sensor mentioned anywhere yet so will need to check it tomorrow. Hoping it shows failure, because I am at a dead end!

John

Some basic question in understanding the EVTM

What do the numbers represent next to each line representing a conductor?

Do color combinations get used for different purposes?

I see my speed control wire in the book is to be a DG/W. I found a wire of this exact color coming from the LH side of the dash, but cant find the other end on the RH side. Smaller gauge so it could be a signal wire. But my instrument cluster (original Tbird SC) works fine, so that indicates it is connected, right?

Battling on...

John

What do the numbers represent next to each line representing a conductor?

Those are (local?) circuit numbers, typically referenced when looking at a given connector face/pinout chart, where the circuit's function is listed.

Do color combinations get used for different purposes?

• EEC pin 3 to C120 DG/W
  • Automatic Shock Control Module pin 3 to C113 DG/W
  • Variable Assist Power Steering Module pin 9 to C113 DG/W
  • IP pins 12/3/3 to C311/C140/C223 (depending on model 'bird) DG/W

...all circuit #150 in and out of Secondary Junction Block, leaving as one wire w/different # connectors based on trans type, leading to the VSS, coming out as circuit 359 BK/W to ground G100.

But my instrument cluster (original Tbird SC) works fine, so that indicates it is connected, right?

The speedo is the only thing in the cluster that uses 150 to ground via 359, I think, after the VSS, but it if works, that means the VSS is connected/working.

but cant find the other end on the RH side

I don't think circuit 150~DG/W lives over there... CC related wires there are W/LB & LB/BK as I previously referenced above, connected at C120 (circuit #151), in the vicinity of the EEC.

C182 (W/LB) is on the LH side, IP, near the steering column, headed for the steering wheel, also referenced above.

Back