Radiator replace

90blacksc

Easiest way to remove the radiator. Do I need any special tools for the removal of the tubes off the intercooler

The intercooler is suspended by the tubes connected to the engine, and once the rubber bellows are disconnected from the front of the intercooler, the frame with the radiator can come out straight up and the intercooler can stay in place. Quoting from a previous thread:
"It is not necessary to remove the intercooler or mess with it at all to remove the radiator. Just remove the two small bolts (8mm) on top that hold the bellows to the intercooler. Then push down the bellows to unhook the clips at the bottom, done deal. Remove the four bolts holding radiator, remove fan, hoses, pull out radiator."

If you want to disconnect the tubes from the intercooler and lift it out, there are two nuts holding each capture ring in place. Be sure to re-seal the ends of the tubes to the intercooler when re-installing, but again, you shouldn't need to go this far just to pull the radiator.

If the car has an auto trans, don't forget to take the cooler lines loose from the bottom radiator tank. The lower air shield is held on by pins along the front and a pair of wing nuts on the crossbar.

Other discussion here can be found by using search on: radiator removal

The intercooler is suspended by the tubes connected to the engine, and once the rubber bellows are disconnected from the front of the intercooler, the frame with the radiator can come out straight up and the intercooler can stay in place. Quoting from a previous thread:

If you want to disconnect the tubes from the intercooler and lift it out, there are two nuts holding each capture ring in place. Be sure to re-seal the ends of the tubes to the intercooler when re-installing, but again, you shouldn't need to go this far just to pull the radiator.

If the car has an auto trans, don't forget to take the cooler lines loose from the bottom radiator tank. The lower air shield is held on by pins along the front and a pair of wing nuts on the crossbar.

Other discussion here can be found by using search on: radiator removal

Ok I ordered a radiator and it has the intercooler bracket with it. Found out the radiator isn't flowing properly. That's good to know I didn't want to remove all the tubes for the supercharger. I know it has that different kind of threaded ring on it. Good to know I don't have to remove it

Back