18 inch spare

pock1

looking for a mustang spare tire, i have big brakes in front so gotta be 18 inch spare.also i saw something about the 2017 linc mkz has an 18 inch spare tire that will fit our scs? i need one also.i checked around ............man they want........$260 for a spare tire:eek: my blk sc 94 sc has stock bolt pattern, my 95 has mustang bolt pattern with 18in rims and cobra brakes.

Unless you have 14" rotors, there's a very good chance a 17" spare will fit, and it will be much easier to find.

The 2000 Cobra R used a 17" 98 Cobra wheel as its spare. I'm not aware of a space saver spare that will clear 4-piston calipers, though there's a chance that the spare from an Evo 8/9, STI, or a 350Z with the Brembo package might. I've looked into that but haven't been able to find a clear answer.

However, if you're only using 2-piston calipers, a 17" Mustang Cobra spare should work.

I picked up a pair of 17inch spares today at the pick n save from Ford Five Hundreds...plan to use them as skinnies on a poor mans budget.

I run the Cobra Stamped PBR Calipers and a 13inch rotor.
Was 50% off day at pick n save ...15$ for the pair.

-Tim

Last edited:
13-up Lincoln MKZ has 5 x 108, so that would only work with stock SC bolt pattern.

Tim, have you test-fitted the Five Hundred wheels? They are 5 x 114.3, but I'm thinking that the hub hole is too small for Cobra hubs.

cheers
Ed

13-up Lincoln MKZ has 5 x 108, so that would only work with stock SC bolt pattern.

Tim, have you test-fitted the Five Hundred wheels? They are 5 x 114.3, but I'm thinking that the hub hole is too small for Cobra hubs.

cheers
Ed

Only fitment was at the pick n save. I verified the spare fit on a wrecked mustang new edge, which is the same for the most part as my front setup. I haven't tested on my own car, but will update once I do.

-Tim

18 spare

My body shop looked out for me today.I haven't put in on yet but I remembered I had a set of mustang wheels n tires that I was going to do hub swap , I ran into trouble with the rears and didn't have what I needed to finish. they told me this came from a 2018 mustang that was total loss. whewwwwwwwwwww i saw these on ebay going for$286...........i paid $100.

Last edited:
Back