Fan issue

Using a '90 SC as an example, the EVTM says (C100): Left hand fender apron, near power distribution box.

Component locator shows it somewhere between the PDB and the fender mounted starter relay. 16 GA Black, w/the circuit exiting via a Y wire.

Found it buddy, right next to the fuse box and windshield wash. Fuse was not fried, just the black wire next to it. fixed that and now the fan works at is suppose to.
Thanks

So the wire melted but the link didn't? Typical SC...

Always good news, thanks for the followup and good luck w/it.

Ken

KTM
Upon further review, I would like to replace that wiring harness and the fusible link. I would feel better if I had a better harness, one that was not previously fired. Do you know where I might be able to obtain one? Also, I did not get under the car to see exactly what else that harness is tied to. Do you by chance know what other components are involved with such a change?
Thanks
Jim

Jim:

You're going to want an EVTM (wiring manual) for that year car if you go that far. It will answer all those questions and more. Should be available on eBay for not too much $, as an example.

Example from that book would be the component locater (see 218) PDF found here: http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?61769-Component-Locator&highlight=component+locater

This is an image from a '90 SC showing that area:
35thEngineBay04jpg.jpg

Use the parts wanted section here to see if someone has a used harness they want to sell - couple of cars are being parted out, so you shouldn't have too much trouble. I've no idea how simple or involved it might be to replace it.

Ken

KTM

One other quick question, the fusible link for the fan, do you know if its14 gauge wire or 10 gauge?
Thanks again
Jim

Back