Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My new addiction therapy/reminder

You have to use both to understand the attractiveness of the Facebook sccoa page. It takes two s seconds to post something for those with the app installed on their phone, you get instant feedback from most. Thatís cause if you have default settings set you will get an alert of a new post or reply to your own post. Next is the ease of loading up pictures. No downsizing or hosting, just click and post. Now me generation is trying to be efficient so they can do other things. What most donít recognize is that by doing so the post gets lost in Facebook black hole once the activity gets stale and searching well thatís gets lost too. Therefore the sccoa forum has become the archives of Sc secrets. Or the Vault. I asked a while back if we can have an app based sccoa forum. Like SVT performance has, it leverages the forums to post but brings the benefits of the now me generation. Then shut down the Facebook page all together. This should be vote based.
    1994 Supercoupe 5spd Custom, first to buy a 2.1L Big Bore Kenne Bell Twin Screw for an SC - 480whp at TI/SCU
    On the 1.7l AR SC: 415WHP and 12.2535 @112.18. Best TQ to date 516ft/lbs.
    1990 35th 5spd 2011 Carlisle 1st place class winner. 12.9@108MPH 1.9.
    2013 GT/CS 5.0L FRPP 2.3l Whipplecharged family weekend car.
    2011 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid LS 6.0l LZ1

Remember the days when there was a 100 or so members online at the same time? Remember when you got sick of JD pouring out his run times and had nothing to back it up? This club site is still around, it will be around after FB page has gone too!! People are gonna get sick of the arguing BS on facebook page and not go on there perhaps?!?! I'm on here almost everyday either signed in or just lurking around looking at good old posts or who had the fastest times and what they had to get there.... A lot of people have come and gone on here but the club is still going on which I'm very happy about!!
    Tom Downs-member#2752
    MPX'd 90 SC Auto~bought Feb. 2012
    RIP MOM!!! I will always miss and think about you 4Ever! 1940-2018
    RIP Rexy boy!!!! Miss my dog 2006-2018
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=424

Quote Originally Posted by XR7 Dave View Post
    Lots of people doing things with Supercoupes, they just aren't posting on SCCOA about it anymore. It's a communication avenue that has died (forums in general) due to the rise of social media as you all know. People have moved on to instant gratification. It's funny to think how many hours some of us old timers spent trying to teach, learn, and share on these forums thinking that we were creating a huge database of information for future generations and the growth of our hobby/addiction. Oddly enough, it's all pretty much pointless now. Most of the information here is jumbled and incomplete, and with no one checking in to clarify or direct or energize discussions, people just don't come here anymore.
    You are absolutely correct about social media and instant gratification. I think the weakness of that medium is becoming apparent to car guys though, IE it doesn't lend itself well to lengthy technical discussions since most people are on a phone and there is no way to archive the discussions even if they do happen.

Since I only entered the SC world recently I have a very fresh view of this site. For me it has been invaluable for tech on my car. And I notice that many of the threads I reference are over ten years old.

To me this site is where it's at for all my Supercoupe needs, questions and answers. On here you have the ability to search for specific things and see threads as far back as 2003. Yes I do check out the Facebook page but I don't really care for it. If all of those Facebook folks would come on this site I'm sure that they would appreciate the info and knowledge much more. I do realize that it is a younger generation thing but I've always agreed with "If it ain't broke don't fix it" type of person.
    SCCOA Member #2406
    '94 SC AUTO - 2.3 Whipple
    '90 SC AUTO - Bone Stock
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v..._vehicle&id=19

long timer here...

I have been around here for a lot of years now. I was here for the jimmy d fun and games and yes I did steer the pot with him. I am sure I burned more that a few bridges along the way BUT I also made a lot of friends as well. I have helped a lot of guys out and got people parts that were hard to come by... I remember getting my hands on a bunch of nos "DIS" when you could not find them anywhere and passing them along to people who really needed them without ripping... These are the things that this page has done for me as well as a lot of others.. No way could face book do even part of what this site has done. I just wish that more people would come back here to enjoy these car and the people that have them...PLEASE don't ever shut this spot down.... that is all I got to say.....Rich
    Too many cars,too little time to drive them. Anything less than 500 cubes is a small block. If you slow down in life you will get run over..

RicardoA1

Not sure if things will go back unless we shut down the Facebook site. Albeit I see a new set of people there especially the Mexican folks. Iím trying to do my part and post more here than on the Facebook page. But at times conversations are more fluid there.

BTW

Tires and flywheel are ordered. I had also purchased the damaged vac lines from last years fire. A non tacky steering wheel air bag. I also wanted to pull the addco bars and put the 89 bars. But not sure I want the extra work. I also need paint the rotors and calipers so things look somewhat decent behind the wheels. Omg never ends but getting closer I hope.
    1994 Supercoupe 5spd Custom, first to buy a 2.1L Big Bore Kenne Bell Twin Screw for an SC - 480whp at TI/SCU
    On the 1.7l AR SC: 415WHP and 12.2535 @112.18. Best TQ to date 516ft/lbs.
    1990 35th 5spd 2011 Carlisle 1st place class winner. 12.9@108MPH 1.9.
    2013 GT/CS 5.0L FRPP 2.3l Whipplecharged family weekend car.
    2011 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid LS 6.0l LZ1

The facebook debate is always worth a chuckle. There are lots of comparisons that can be made about how technology changes society... we dont listen to records or share a party line anymore, most people dont read news papers these days, but i bet most everyone of you guys has a phone that can text. I happen to like the idea of forums, but its almost the same as liking old vinyl records. they will always have cult following, but they are outdated. However, I see a world where both facebook and the forums exist together. the forums will never overtake facebook as a method of communicating, as facebook is a better platform for quick communication. But the forums have a far better method of searching and storing information. I really like what Pat was trying to do with the index page. its a way to find good information quickly, which can otherwise be a challenge (especially for a newbie that doesnt know what something is called). I also like that you can document a build on here and share it with however many people use the site. my GFP thread has been viewed almost 10k times. so the forums are still getting some traffic, even if people dont comment. thats my $0.02 that nobody asked for!
    Any idiot can make a Mustang fast...
    It takes a special idiot to make a Thunderbird fast!!!
    89 SC 4.3 stroker 384rwhp 473ftlbs
    Best ET 13.085 Best MPH 106.6... got some work to do!
    2016 V6 M90 Dyno Champ 2016 Mod 1 Runner Up