Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: My new addiction therapy/reminder

My new addiction therapy/reminder

Is it working yet?

Joe
    It's not a 97 Sport, it just looks like one!

Quote Originally Posted by Rodeo Joe View Post
    Is it working yet?

Joe
    It’s hard being a responsible adult. But I see the summer days ticking away and know if i go Dave Ramsey on this purchase it will the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    Itís hard being a responsible adult. But I see the summer days ticking away
    Wasn't that the same logic used last summer, and the last set of new wheels/tires, and the summer before that, and the summer before that...

There are plenty of people who are reckless with their finances. No reason that you couldn't also be. Just remember, if you look like you are doing well, and you don't let anyone know otherwise, you can live a lie for your entire life! And if you ever start feeling bad, just rationalize (I'm not as bad as those people over there, etc...) You can do it! Get some new wheels! Hey, you can't take the money with you right? Just buy them already. Then go eat a nice fat steak dinner and put that on the card too. That's what I would do if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by Micahdogg View Post
    There are plenty of people who are reckless with their finances. No reason that you couldn't also be. Just remember, if you look like you are doing well, and you don't let anyone know otherwise, you can live a lie for your entire life! And if you ever start feeling bad, just rationalize (I'm not as bad as those people over there, etc...) You can do it! Get some new wheels! Hey, you can't take the money with you right? Just buy them already. Then go eat a nice fat steak dinner and put that on the card too. That's what I would do if I were you.

You could be considered temptation and sounds appealing. But I already live the superfluous life and try to make up for other things lacking in my life. Guess it would have been nice growing up with my dad and other life sucks incidents then you die incidents. But I digress. As a parent we have a choice. Do we live life with purpose and hope to leave a legacy behind so your kids will pick up where you left off and continue to build family wealth so that each generation everyone is better off? Or the alternative and live the yolo life and know that you canít take it with you. There are risk to both I guess, you could have sacrificed all your life to end up with ungrateful little bastars and destroying the family wealth or you could life the yolo life yourself and leave eager driven kids with a ~~~~~~ start at life so they struggle and have the working life cycle start all over again.

Back to the wheels, the purchase was justified, all the cool cats here have 20s, so me too want to be a cool cat, two chrome is not in my schedule, I donít have time for the proper care or a climate controlled garage where they donít sweat with temperature swings. Three I needed rear tires, so investing on tires on rims that donít work. 4 Local kids will at least look at the wheels even if they shrugg at the car. Five I needed a buyer that wanted it for summer fun cause selling car parts in winter time doesnít work so well. So 18s left and used the profits to pay for about half of the new wheels. The rest went on as you guessed it the plastic.

Itís august now and realized summer time is running out but then we go back to the responsible thing to do and leaving wreckless kids my wealth that I worked so hard for. Sounds like a win win to just use the plastic after this discussion. Btw tires wonít do much unless I buy a 300 flywheel to put things back together. Meanwhile the magnetic shocks on the Escalade daily driver/work vehicle are leaking and stuck at the hardest setting. And the mustang has no climate control fan. But Superfluous life is so satisfying they say.

This was one of the most confusing posts that I've ever read here

This was one of the most confusing posts that I've ever read here
    Iíll get off my soap box. I never said I was a preacher. Back to the chalk board.

I will not buy tires for the new wheels till I pay off the credit card debt. I will not.....

Preach on!

Preach on!
    Itís ok. Itís just depressing trying to be responsible and having other obligations, but feeling grateful all at the same time. There is always next year

I hear ya brother! I justify charges with the unlimited 2% cashback on all charges...of which I use to pay for Christmas gifts. HRPT and my car build have helped build that cash out this year .

-Tim
    Current Collection
    1994 Thunderbird SC - Auto converted to 5spd

1995 Thunderbird SC - Auto

1994 Thunderbird SC - 5spd
    1989 Thunderbird SC - 5spd - Daily Driver
    1990 Thunder/Cougar XR7 - 5spd
    1994 Thunderbird SC - 3v Project

Itís ok. Itís just depressing trying to be responsible and having other obligations, but feeling grateful all at the same time. There is always next year
    Just wait till you realize that you don't deserve the nicer things in life that others do. Even though banks will tell you that your dreams are just one pen-stroke of financing away.

Tim and Micah,

I have always been the frugal/cheap one among my friends, luckily the women in my life past or present to some extent been frugal as well. Keeping up with the Joneses has never ever been my motivation, but the real motivation is knowing what the time value of money does and how money can be used to create wealth. Call me cheap but Warren Buffet would be proud. Credit for me has been important cause it allows one to leverage an investment and create wealth via capital gains all for a nominal fee in interest rate, in that sense it allows one to participate in investments that you have no business participating in the first place. Buying a home with a mortgage allows said participation, and when done properly as intended to be used, it pays off in the long run. Same goes for college and higher education, a dreaming doctor can participate in what would be considered an elite profession where only the wealthy can afford the training. But with just a few signatures he could have a massive student loan, but if done correctly it could be paid off in several years with his new found wealth from his new high paying profession. Now if we talk about consumer debt.....that's a subject that could last days. Consumer debt has ruined lots of people, for others I would assume it brings satisfaction to those that use it smartly. Those awesome points and incentives are icing on the cake. Any ways thank for the sarcasm, maybe people are bored of reading on Sccoa "car wont start or run right threads" then they see this, grab a cup of Joe and say "look at this fool, I have no idea what his problem is, always complaining about something. But damn I can relate, I need to pay off my credit card before I buy something for the SC"

So there it will sit, tireless and flywheel less, for the better part of 2018, a few part time hours and few less take out meals maybe it will come sooner than later....this will be a personal lesson on discipline.

Name:  Wheels.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  1.90 MB
    Name:  Wheels 2.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  1.67 MB
    Last edited by ricardoa1; 08-06-2018 at 04:30 PM.

maybe people are bored of reading on Sccoa "car wont start or run right threads" then they see this, grab a cup of Joe and say "look at this fool, I have no idea what his problem is, always complaining about something.
    This dude has issues...haha!

Don't feel bad. Your SC isn't the only one on jackstands. As I said in your one of your last threads mine's been on them for 3 years. I was planning to finish it up this summer, but that has yet to happen. Until then the waiting just makes you appreciate it that much more.

Mike

Mike,

Itís a shame, guess the reality hits me again about the usefulness of this car. I was hoping to add value to a pointless thread, as it seems nowadays you can catch up to a whole year of sccoa news in about two minutes. Maybe itís just me but the club as a whole is hitting a pretty low in terms is activity, I mean you can see people views on posts is there but I guess not much to talk about anymore. itís the same old song, time to put the record back on the shelf?

Happy Super Couping