Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1990 SC won't start.

Got the car to start, I have spark now, but still not fuel pump. No spark was caused by loose ground, and the 5th wire on the CKP. But still no fuel pump.

Fixed the power to the pump, it was the pink/black power wire that runs inside the car under the back seat. It was corroded, so replaced it with the same colour coded wire all the way to the pump plug. But now there is no injector pulse, Cam sensor?

I checked volts at the battery and was getting 11.73(I know a little weak) but I was getting 11.72 at the red(hot) wire on the injector, and the tan(EEC) I was getting 0.73 of a volt. I am getting a pulse at the plug using a NOID light. I also plugged in a well know good testing injector, and it was clicking. So with my luck the injectors are clogged, and need to be replaced or cleaned. I sprayed starter fluid and the car started and ran as long as it was getting fed. Not to long so not to burn the rings. Going to pull a plug just rule those out as well.

Sorry if I missed it - do you have (pressurized) fuel in the schrader valve on the rail?

Quote Originally Posted by EveryDayBird View Post
    So with my luck the injectors are clogged, and need to be replaced or cleaned.
    How old were the injectors before it was parked? Might be worth going for it regardless.

Does the moonroof work again yet?
    Last edited by KMT; 08-11-2018 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EveryDayBird View Post
    I checked volts at the battery and was getting 11.73(I know a little weak) but I was getting 11.72 at the red(hot) wire on the injector, and the tan(EEC) I was getting 0.73 of a volt. I am getting a pulse at the plug using a NOID light. I also plugged in a well know good testing injector, and it was clicking. So with my luck the injectors are clogged, and need to be replaced or cleaned. I sprayed starter fluid and the car started and ran as long as it was getting fed. Not to long so not to burn the rings. Going to pull a plug just rule those out as well.
    When I was having a similar problem last month and the car ran on starter fluid, the injectors were clogged. Removed, cleaned, and replaced the injectors and all is now good.

If you have pressure at the schraeder valve on the fuel rail (30-40psi roughly) and it runs on starter fluid, it's almost a certainty that the injectors are clogged. ~~~~~~ ethanol in our fuel is a horrible horrible thing.

IT LIVES!!!!!!! Pulled the supercharger replaced the gaskets when doing so. Pulled and cleaned the injectors, sonic cleaned and then powered, pressurized and cleaned. Very good spray, no dripping, and no leaks while under pressure. Cleaned the fuel rail, unhooked the fuel filter and blew back thought the line. Put the thing back together and it made half a revolution when it fired under its on power. Ideal was rough, Revved it up to 2k rpm to work the injectors hitting the throttle from time to time. Let off to ideal and it ran perfect.

Glad you sorted it - thanks for the followup and good luck w/it.

Ken

Thanks for all of the info, I now know a little more about these misunderstood cars.