Addco to stock sway bars

ricardoa1

I got a chance to remove the Addco 1 3/8" from the front of the car. I also painted the stock 89 rear bar that will be going in in my efforts to defune the race car feeling suspension.

Now I'm faced with funding the missing parts but it seems they are not available? I need help with part numbers.

I need poly bar to frame bushings. Seems only the 1.10" is available. Where are folks getting for the larger 89-91 front 1.20" (30mm) bars?

Also for the rears. 1.10" (27.9) any poly options?

Last where can I find the brackets for the rear stock bars I forgot the have a square bracket to bolt the lollipop style endlink. Seem the lollipop links doesn't come with them?

I don't believe the stock 89 front bar is really 1.20". I've measured them, as have others. Mine was 1.14", and yes, I'm sure it's an 89 front bar.

I ordered an Energy Suspension 1.125" bushing kit, but since it's going in my 95 LX (which isn't running), I haven't had a chance to test it.

My digital caliper is in a box among the Sc hoarding mess. Tim hooked me up with the bar and it was from an early car he sent the end links and they are the early spindle. So the tccoa guide is bogus?
Does anybody have a caliper and and an 89 that can take a quick measurement?
My car has lost a lot of weight over the years and the addco became too large, I feel silly putting stock parts on it and spending a fortune on bushings.

Will the 1.10” fronts were supposed to be the 92+ SC bars the lx were even smaller. IDK.

From Moog
K8752 = 1.06 Front
K8756 = 1.09or 1.10Front
K8757 = 1.12or 1.14Front

K8799 = 23.5mm Rear
K8798 = 28.3mm Rear

Energy suspension
4.5137G = 1 1/16” (1.063) 27mm Front
4.5138R = 1 1/16” (1.063) 27mm Rear

It’s weird that moog offers a larger line, they are rubber however even though they are pretty blue. These are model specific. Will what’s the part number for the energy kit you have. Your measurements coincided with the largest offering from moog.

Last edited:
Got it. I saw those but seems they are universal and don’t have the bump on the middle to secure. I don’t want to test it and have the almighty Sc curse breaking the outer walls and squeezing them to the side.

I might order the Thunderbird specific kit and hone it. The rear kit looks like will work with the 89 rear bar. I am digging the weight saving. I hope I’m happy with the results between links and bushings I’m $100 deep plus the $90 I paid for the Uber rare 89 bar. This little project is as much as buying addco stuff. Luckily Tim donated the front bar! So I’m still ahead. I think lol.

Can anybody hit me up if they have the square brackets with the bolts and nuts for the rear? The addco stuff uses the dog bone style links these have a lollipop link. I’m dead in the water without them.

Ricardo, if you can't get those sway bar brackets & hardware anywhere else, let me know. I'm going to the junkyard next weekend and should be able to grab you a set.

Ricardo, if you can't get those sway bar brackets & hardware anywhere else, let me know. I'm going to the junkyard next weekend and should be able to grab you a set.

Thank you Will I got two links and brackets from Bill at scp. I learned 2 things a little too late that you can use universal links and bypass all that swivel mess and two addco uses the same energy suspension front body to sway bushings but they machine to match their bars. It has the same part number 4.5137.G
1 1/16” stamped on both, so I wonder if addco can provide them for 1 1/4” which should be close to the 89-91 front bars. As expected the 1 1/16” are too small of a bore for the 89-91 bars.

This was a pain in the but t but is was satisfying to finish it!

Honing it with 100grit papaer some sockets and tape.
E762D658-0F02-4F30-8197-D123F5A84C5E.jpeg
F258F663-FD90-417C-A3A0-09FF521534D9.jpeg

The end links was a bigger ~~~~.
EB6D3868-33F9-4174-AA7C-1E5136403FEC.jpeg

If anyone wants big addco bars hit me up my car is too light to use them. Also my aftermarket tubular k member positioned the bar lower and I had contact on the tie rod ends causing a rattle. This early Sc bar luckily clears all suspension parts.

Back