2018 SC Shootout Shuffle?

I'm 365hp/425tq but it hits peak torque at 2000 and stays there Truck weighs 6000lb but still is quick as hell considering

Cleaned the car up yesterday and drove it to work today! Ready to roll! I’ve put most of my focus into my tow vehicle. I’ve always borrowed vehicles from my brother or dad. Bought a 2013 Cadillac Escalade because you gotta go gangster if you want the big engine! Had to give it a little more horsepower before the even as well. Stuck a cold air intake, different plugs, 180 degree t-stat and a tune on it. Gave it a quick 25-30rwhp. Since my car is is slow, I’m calling out tow vehicles this year! Haub, your tow vehicle will be in my dust!

You might be faster, but I bet more homies would hit the deck when mine rolled thru tha 'hood.

I've been battling misfires for the last year. :rolleyes: Finally figured out that the spark plug seats / threads were very dirty and some of the "wells" were getting rainwater in them. :rolleyes:

You might be faster, but I bet more homies would hit the deck when mine rolled thru tha 'hood.

I've been battling misfires for the last year. :rolleyes: Finally figured out that the spark plug seats / threads were very dirty and some of the "wells" were getting rainwater in them. :rolleyes:

Livin the mod motor life......

Well the shuffle is real... Now I have my car breaking up under wot and can't figure out why.. Replaced plugs no good... Doing wires and switching to the ngk br7ef plugs to see what happens. Also tried a new dis

Well the shuffle is real... Now I have my car breaking up under wot and can't figure out why.. Replaced plugs no good... Doing wires and switching to the ngk br7ef plugs to see what happens. Also tried a new dis

Jacob, I chased a bad FPR last year kind of gave me the same symptoms. All looked good at idle but no increase in fuel pressure with boost!

Check the fuel pressure during boost and see what it tells you.

Now I have my car breaking up under wot and can't figure out why..

When Dave was tuning mine last fall he ran into the same thing. The coil pack was cracked and shooting spark sideways from six different burn marks. Look at it closely. The burns are hard to see.
Alan

Jacob - with the way the Whipple outlet sits against the coil plug on your car - Al suggestion would be a good thing to check out! Although still, it look like the miss may only be on Bank 1 per the datalog.

Tuning is the easy part though! ;)

Ha you could have fooled me! I kind of messed up already when I changed the exhaust to true dual. i had no ideal it would effect boost as much as it did. it went from making nearly 24 psi to 20 on 5% od

Ha you could have fooled me! I kind of messed up already when I changed the exhaust to true dual. i had no ideal it would effect boost as much as it did. it went from making nearly 24 psi to 20 on 5% od

Well, it's physically the easy part...mentally, maybe not. Not as much sweat as working on exhaust....right?

I will be in California for a training class next Tuesday and Wednesday, then catch a flight with 2 layovers to arrive in STL on Thursday morning around 8:30 am. I will be at the hotel on Thursday. I will be loading my car this weekend and hoping I don't forget anything. I still have an intermittant tach issue.

I will be in California for a training class next Tuesday and Wednesday, then catch a flight with 2 layovers to arrive in STL on Thursday morning around 8:30 am. I will be at the hotel on Thursday. I will be loading my car this weekend and hoping I don't forget anything. I still have an intermittant tach issue.

Everytime I've had that happen it has been cam sensor. I will have a spare with me

My car was running great when I put the new wheels on it a month or two ago, but when driving it to our new house Sunday, it craps the bed like I'm on the rev limiter every time I try to go wide open throttle. I'm 99% sure it's something with the methanol injection and will try unplugging it. Fingers crossed that is the problem.

David

Test drove my SC last night with methanol injection controller unplugged and car ran great ! So I'm definitely bringing my SC to the Shootout. Got a couple used controllers to test this weekend that I hope will fix the issue I was having (Thanks Ricardo & David Hill).

David

Hmm crank sensor could be flaking out. I had an sc with no tach function that ran good otherwise crank sensor fixed it..

Back