Thread: Boy did Ford miss the boat

Boy did Ford miss the boat

So a while ago I got my hands on a SUPER LOW mileage 35th that has been stored for most of it's life. I just got done taking it for a nice long ride to check it out. I have been waiting to do this for a while due to the fact that it has rained EVERY day for over a week and a half. If it was not raining, it was going to do with the skys just begging to dump..
    So now on to the Ford part.. I did buy a 1990 sc new back a million years ago and drove it for a lot of miles when I was younger, so I didn't remember how good they drove when new... So after taking a spin in this cream puff I got that feeling that we all fell in love with so many years ago... So tell me why Ford quite building cars that no only feel great to drive, but also can get out of their own way? Sure the SHO does a good job but it does not feel as good as this bird does. I do have one of them so I can compare both real well. Just had to post this as it makes you wonder....Rich
    Too many cars,too little time to drive them. Anything less than 500 cubes is a small block. If you slow down in life you will get run over..

The MN12 was doomed from its launch. A billion dollar new platform that was over weight and over cost. Never was seen in the good by the big wigs...

I agree - a nice low miles stock SC is a very nice ride, even compared to modern machines.
    Matt Haub
    Shootouts: '09 SS 1st | '10 Mod1 2nd | '11 Bracket 3rd | '12 Bracket 1st | 2013 | '14 Bracket 3rd | 2015 | '16 Bracket 1st & Mod2 2nd | 2017 |
    Black '89 5spd - 281K miles, MPx, E85, Alky-Inj RWHP: ? RWTQ: ? Best 1/4mi:12.521, MPH:107.23mph
    35th Anniversary Auto 46k miles | Red '93 Auto 186k miles
    My Garage

60 series tires
    ~Chris
    SCCoA Member #1826
    Bettie Riding jack stands
    SCARlit on drag duty now

I agree. The MN12 needs a lot of improvements, but it was just a car before it's time.

I have a nearly stock daily driver with just some 235/50/18's on it. Still impressed with the handling and composure of this car. It doesn't ride too bad either with the 18's. Still remember the first time I drove our 90, it was like nothing I'd ever driven or ridden in before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

The stock '90 auto that I bought rides like a dream, even with bad tires. Much better ride than my black '94.............
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    SCCOA Member #2406
    '94 SC AUTO - 2.3 Whipple
    '90 SC AUTO - Bone Stock
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v..._vehicle&id=19