Hurricane Florence

nickleman60

Time for us coastal Virginia folks to batten down the hatches, Carolina folks be safe......................:)

You too buddy. Hoping we don't loose power for a week like we did with hurricane Fran. If so, we are ready.

I've got enough food and generator fuel for 5 days and a few tanks of propane. We have a well so I can get water with the Genny. We are as prepared as we can be.

Flying out tomorrow at 7am for work related training in Atlanta...with return flight Friday afternoon in Roanoke. Hope the return flight happens and not to much hits this area. They're talking feet of rain fall which typically doesn't work well.

-Tim

My in-laws are heading that way tomorrow morning to supply support to electrical crews. My father-in-law is a retired lineman that works as a support person after natural disasters. He finds and identifies what equipment and/or repair is needed for any given area and then that information is forwarded to the crews doing the work.

Stay safe everyone.

Rumor mill is already circling here at work that we will be in Atlanta till Sunday or next Monday.

I found a broken down SC on craigslist Atlanta for 300$, needs a balancer... could make a hell of a road trip home if I packed some tools and a balance :p.

-Tim

Rumor mill is already circling here at work that we will be in Atlanta till Sunday or next Monday.

I found a broken down SC on craigslist Atlanta for 300$, needs a balancer... could make a hell of a road trip home if I packed some tools and a balance :p.

-Tim

Be careful Tim. Atlanta isn't going to escape this and you may get there but you aren't going to get back easily. I have a friend whose son is with the Urban Search and Rescue New York Task Force One, and 80 or so of them shipped out and are in NC as we speak. This is not going to be a pretty one. I'm surprised the training wasn't cancelled.

Looks like Va. Beach is going to be a bridesmaid again, thank god........................:D:D

Be safe Carolina people..........:)

I found that ad - sounds like it might have some good parts...might go for a lot less than $395 once it's been under water ;)

Looks like SW VA is going to miss the storm. My focus is now directed towards my parents well being. Manning SC now appears to be directly in line with the eye. They plan to ride it out so I'm sure some cool pictures will follow.

Craigslist ad seems vague, but for the price you couldn't go wrong either fixing it or patting it out IMHO.

-Tim

Hope all stay safe!! Would be a story for the grandkids about the time put a new HB on and drove the $300 car home in a Hurricane :).
Creighton

Screenshot_20180914-133606_Chrome.jpg

I'm home from Atlanta no problems flying back, light rain here. Google has confirmed that my parents in Manning, SC should feel the brunt of things.

-Tim

Glad you made it home Tim. This storm has been a tremendous rain event more so than wind. It was breezy here, but no trees down on my street. We lost power for about 20 mins, so we have been very fortunate. We probably had 3.5" of rain so far, so that's not to bad either. I suspect we will get a couple more inches before it's gone completely. 50 miles southeast of here and they are well over a foot of rain already.

Back